Did you mean: 

SEM-BW Version upgrade - changes to be done for BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My client has upgraded their SAP

From      :      Component : SEM-BW, Release : 604, Level : 0012

To          :      Component : SEM-BW, Release : 736, Level : 007

The new upgraded version has its own development -> quality -> production systems.

Please clarify the following :

1. Is there a way to transport the BCS configuration settings from release 604 version to the release 736 version?

2. Does the BCS system for the latest release - needs to be built from the scratch?

3. What is the major difference between these two releases from BCS perspective?

awaiting your expert suggestions....

Regards,

Vicki.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vicky,

I am not aware of any reason you could not transport the BCS configurations from the old environment to the new one.

In the BCS workbench tools view there is a tool for transporting the BCS configurations and master data. It should not be necessary to build from scratch.

I am not aware of any significant BCS changes between these releases.

Good luck, Dan

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky

As you mentioned above upgrade SEM BW from 604 to 746.  If you upgrade technically then no need to do any transport of configuration and master data (I guess).  If you are upgrade the system seperately then need to do some transport connection between the system and follow the steps mentioned by Dan.

Please find the below thread which provide the oss number relates to SEM BW Enhancement

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3623327

The above thread provide information which helpful to you.

Regards

Rajesh SVN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your immediate response.

I have two options now, please suggest which one of these are feasible :

1. Collect a list of all the BCS transports moved to the production system and retransport into the upgraded BCS system,which i feel is risky, as it dates back to approximately 10 years.

2. Rebuild the new bcs system which is time consuming.

3. Whayare the customisation settings to be done in SPRO under SEM / Business Analticals? Please share.

Regards,

Vicki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in a similar situation, where the client has transported all the BI related stuff, but did not transport the BCS config. at the time of BI Upgrade.

So when I see all cubes in RSA1 of the new upgraded system, but in UCWB there is no config settings at all.

My Query is :

1. What should be done to the BCS cubes migrated from the older version of BI to the new BI version?

2. Can we transport the BCS config transport requests alone to the new system - keeping in mind that the BCS cubes were already transported to the new upgraded system - a month ago?

Regards,

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Singy,

As far as I know, the BCS config may be transported to the new system. It is helpful that the cubes have already been transported.

Good luck,

Dan