cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

browser based (internet explorer 10) report designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are evaluating CR server and looking at CR report designer for use by non-programmer end-users.  is there any support yet to allow an end-user to design and create an ad-hoc report with only IE install in his machine -  no client software installed. in other words, is there such a thing as a web based report design capability?  (so far i have only seen reports being designed using CR "thick client" on youtube).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

CR (both legacy and CR for Enterprise) is still a 'thick-client'.

CR Server 2013 will let you create Crystal Reports for Enterprise reports using IE however, it still needs the CR for Enterprise thick client to be installed on that particular machine.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilash.  Just so I am sure I have this right, when you say,  "...it still needs the CR for Enterprise thick client to be installed on that particular machine."

Did you mean CR for Enterprise thick client needs to be on to be installed on each end-user's desktop machine? (I'm talking about just desktop PCs, not mobile devices).

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you understand it correct!

The thick client needs to be on the end-user's machine to be able to create a report from IE.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Abhilash,

Thanks for all your help. In reading your last reply:

"The thick client needs to be on the end-user's machine to be able to create a report from IE."

What I was wondering is what would be the advantage to using IE browser to design a report if the user has to have CR4E installed on his desktop anyway? 

(Unfortunately we were not able to get the CR4E that came with Crystal Server trial due to start because we are on a DoD testbed subnet which isolated from web access per DoD security policy.  That is why I cannot just try CR4E myself - BI LaunchPad cannot download .bclp file)

Thanks in advance

-Bill

Answers (0)