cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a roadmap for ALM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does SAP provide a matrix of all the ALM functions that components like Solman(SP12), TDMS(4 SP7), TAO etc provide and related dependencies or options when you create a roadmap, to determine which parts of the solution you business will need.

e.g.

1)  A detail list of all functions, the ALM component they belong to

2)  Any dependencies a function or component has e.g. BPCA needs a documented processes in Solman? Or version related dependencies

3)  is there multiple options that allows you to chose one option over another e.g. CBTA vs SAP TAO.....yes there are differences.....but both deliver a similar purpose and depending on the need either one may be appropriate..

4) What components/functions have additional licensing implications.....TDMS (size of database)? SAP TAO etc

The idea is you go through all the functions available....select the ones you want, understand the dependencies and licensing implications....then you would have your roadmap......and the order you would rollout  the functions.....which in some cases would be determine by the dependencies.

Has anyone see this type of matrix?

Cheers

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this would cover some of your queries, but I don't think its exactly what you want: 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy

This is helpful, but yes what I am after more is a comprehensive list of ALM software components or functions delivered by Solman, TDMS , TAO etc  etc....that you can then logically work through understanding as you build your roadmap and make decisions on options like using CBTA instead of SAP TAO, what alternatives you may have using HPQC i.e. using features out of Solman......

The idea is to understand the dependencies of each software component/function....alternatives, whether their maybe and additional licensing component, a suggested order to rollout.....

After understanding all these decision points....you could then map out the functions you want to rollout  with a long-term goal now being clearly understood.

What I see is organisations implementing separate components without having a clear understanding of an end result.

Cheers

Peter

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the Landscape Planner is only as good as the hub/sidecar decisions that you make within your SolMan; if the data is missing then chances are the planner will miss something critical.

I'm not aware of any tools past the landscape planner or PAM and still doing some manual activities to map out your end goals.  This may also be a difficult tool to produce just due to the number of variables any of the SAP customers have for their ALM situations.

Someone else on the SCN may know of something.

Answers (0)