Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work center not considering No. of Capacities

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need a suggestion urgently.

We have a work center , where we've mapped the start time and end time from 6:00 to 15:00 e.g. 9 Hrs

we have No of available capacities = 10

Hence total Available man-hours from 6 to 15 is = 9X10=90 Hrs

While i'm doing the capacity evaluation, system is distributing the required capacity Hrs in 9 and showing the requirement as 9 Hrs, 9 Hrs, 9 Hrs  ....

Ideally it should first book the complete available capacity i.e.90 Hrs for a day..then should look for next day. But it's not happening in my case.

The formula I've used are as per the attachment .

Please help to find the reason...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Please check in CM03 and send us the screenshot

Regards

Terence

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Here with attached the required screen shot for your reference

Order are scheduled from 08.12.2014 onward..

Thanks ..

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

As per screen shot it is showing correct data e.g.for 08.12.2014 you have Total available Capacity is 90 hours for 10 numbers of Individuals.You required 9 hours for 08.12.2014 and remaining available Capacity is now 81 hours.System always doing calculation on the 24 hour basis which spread across on Day that is 08.12.2014. Which also follows the work Order Operation Earliest scheduled start Date and Earliest scheduled End Date with its time.for Next day that is 09.12.2014 if same work work order Earliest scheduled End Date falling then only that capacity hours get deducted from this report.

Br

Rakesh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dennis,

Click on the date and select Cap.Details / Prod, which will give you the list of orders associated with the capacity.

In your case, there might be orders with 9Hrs capacity.

Regards

Terence

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

My my issue is why system showing only 9 hrs as required capacity on a Single day, even though it's having ample of remaining capacity.

Ideally for a particular day , first it should book all the capacity required, then should move to another date. which is not happening here.

say Order#1, Operation #1 required capacity for a day = 45 Hrs

System is distributing it into 5 dates and booking capacity=9 hRS daily only.

Remaining 81 Hrs still remaining un-utilized ,even though  available.

Please let me know ...if some setting need to be checked ..

Thanks

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dennis,

I'm not sure this is related to your issue, but for PM/CS, your work centres are not setup correctly.

You only need the Other Formula = SAP008 setting. Remove the other settings and re-run the capacity reports to see if it makes any difference.

PeteA

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you give the 23 hours as Work duration then check whether its deducting the hours from Available capacity for 08.12.2014.

After above option give 25 hours as Work duration then check whether its deducting the hours from Available capacity for 09.12.2014.

Br

Rakesh

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I've maintained the work center formula as depicted by you. Still the issue is same.

Also I've checked this in some other system as well still the issue reflecting same

Please check the operation time here. Although the available capacity on work center is 9hr X 5= 45 Man hours, still while scheduling the operation @ rate of 9 hrs/day (means it's not taking no. of capacities into account)

Can you please confirm this in your system ?

if this is correct, then where do the No.of capacity has an impact? how system will take it into account?

Seeking valuable suggestion from other experts also ...

Thanks 

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts...

Please reply..

Please check ..in your system ..if it's behaving the same way for also, I'm getting e.g. in order operation , whether system still picking only 9 Hrs per day, irrespective of No. of capacity maintained.

If yes ..then what is the purpose of No. of capacity here..and how to map multiple Person as capacity at work order?

Regards

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

could you please split  each operation and assign the Person number in work order operations as below

Additionally please try to set up your Work center as below

Br
Rakesh

Message was edited by: RAKESH MANE

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Looks this field is to relate with the HR

We do not use HR module. so unable to put any person no. here.

One question: Is there any way , we can schedule the early start date and time in operations , w.r.t.the "Duration" field.

Say work=50 hrs, No of capacity= 5, hence Duration=10 hRS

Can we do scheduling for early start and end date based on this"Duration"??

Thanks

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you set up work center as per above screen shots?

Br

rakesh

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dennis,

In the operation, set the duration and number values , then use the Calculate Work key:

Then go to the Operation Dates sub-tab and use the Restrictions to set the operation dates:

PeteA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all , for your prompt & detailed reply

In my case the work center formula was incorrect. I correct it ...got rectified now

Dennis

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please let me know which transaction you are using for Capacity Evaluation.

Br

Rakesh

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

i'm using CM50 for capacity Evaluation..

Thanks

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I did a check for 19 Hrs with No of capacities 5 = 95hrs

I received the same in the screenshot below.

Do check your time profile ?

Regards

Terence