cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect e-mail notification regarding scheduled crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting incorrect e-mail notification regarding scheduled crystal report. my report has been scheduled succesfully but then also i recieved failed status notification. In the recurrence i have specified number of retries allowed to 5, so i got 5 mail notification for failed status.

but in the instance manger and in destination  when i checked it, job was successfully scheduled at the time stamp of 2nd mail notification of failed status.Details:Crystal report for enterprise 4.0, bussiness objects 4.0, sender and destination are in same server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vizit,

You must have received failure notification since the schedule fails during first try. Out of the next subsequent tries if the schedule succeeds the history shows successful instance.

Please check below SAP KB 1544572 : Users receive false email notification that the Web Intelligence schedule has failed inspite of the schedule being

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1544572

Above note was released for XI 3.1; however it must be applicable for BI 4.x series as well.

I hope this helps.

- Mahesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

That  could be a valid reason, but in my case there was a duplicate report of same name was present there, in that duplicate report because of database logon error, email notification of crystal report failed was arriving.

anyways thanks.

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yadav,

Are you selected proper check box for notification. Kindly check once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in recurring schedule of the report i have selected job has failed to run under email notification option.