cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to highlight a custom icon?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I have a custom icon of a vehicle which i am using instead of regular spot icon,I have a requirement i need to highlight this icon on click of some action in my fpm. Is it possible to achieve the same by using some standard VB functionality? Or will i have to replace it with altogether new highlighted icon ?

Thanks

Siju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siju,

Each VO support the properties hotDeltaColor and selectColor. Those have a fixed semantic, but may serve for your purpose. Usually when you click a VO it gets selected and the selectColor will be applied. Select color could be given in a delta format, e.g. RHLSA(0;1;1;0.91). First component defines a Hue shift in degree, second a lumination, third a saturation, and forth a opacity change. You may see documentation of data element VBI_DELTA_COLOR for more details. See also this application as example: https://sapui5.netweaver.ondemand.com/sdk/test-resources/sap/ui/vbm/sapapi_selectstate.html

If this is not sufficient for you and in combination with FPM you have the following options:

- provide own images for Spot.png, HighlightedSpot.png and maybe MultiSpot.png by providing an alternative MIME repository path to method GET_INITIAL_ZIP_ARCHIVE of the application

- if you need complete own images you may derive your own implementation of CL_VBI_CONTROL_ADAPTER_GEO method DETERMINE_SPOT_ICONS and maybe DETERMINE_SPOT_ICON_BY_ROLE. With this you can you the backend property HIGHLIGHTED to control the visualization.

Best regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thank you for the reply. In the combination with FPM what all points you said I am following the same.

I just wondered instead of uploading different icons for Highlight and select of my custom object from mime, whether I could use some standard features to just highlight the mime icon directly rather than uploading different icons for select and highlight features.

For example : suppose from mime I upload an icon of a car, and on click of the car I need to change its icon to show its selected. Hence,If I use BORDER_COLOR,HOT_COLOR,SELECT_COLOR property  will it automatically change the mime icon visualization accordingly?

Thanks

Siju

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siju,

you may try the selectColor feature. In the backend the associated field is SELECT_COLOR. However, this only works if you do not need to differenciate between hightlighted and selected.

Cheers,

Uwe