cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare Part restricting to the Equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We have a scenario currently, we want to restrict the  spare part issue for a particular equipment

For example

Pump bearings , we do not want  ware house to free issue the bearing though its similar to other pumps

in other words only if particular pump is used the concerned bearing should be issued

kindly explain as how these needed to configured in the SAP System

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member224809
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Please provide more details. What is the reason behind restriction of spares to equipment though it is a similar spare part?

Regards

Varun.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

For Example  we have a  Bearing  for a  pump which  is a speciality item grade material  , which is costly and have a longer lead time ,  though other pumps are similar we do not want  the warehouse  or maintainence technicians to remove this bearing to replace another cheap one since all bearing are named Bearings and not classification exist for the material grade

Hope i am clear 

Regards

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivasan S,

Yes it can be done in SAP, but surely this isn't a system issue, its a education issue.. Your technicians should know which bearings are the correct type for any given pump...

If you still need to control this in SAP, then as explained above, create an equipment BOM and somehow flag this equipment as having restricted warehouse issues. Then you would need to develop a solution in MIGO to restrict goods mvements to ONLY those items on the equipment BOM (via the equipment in the order header).

This may be a problem if you have multiple equipment on a single order (via object list). Then it would very difficult to control.

PeteA

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Srinivasan,

First - yes the solution is Equipment BOM.

Second - How can you stop someone, when one equipment is defect, to enter the store room and take a certain material, needed for repair of the equipment? Even if there is, and I don't know such possibility, a setting in the system to restrict the material to a certain equipment, I cannot see how can you stop someone to took it for other equipment. As long as that material can be used on both equipments. You can create sectors of the store room in which you can place the materials for each equipment. But this, also, don't help. Someone can look in the sector of equipment A and, if he cannot find the material needed, took it from the sector of equipment B....

Or, maybe, to link each material with the equipment and, thru development, I repeat, maybe, to not let the materials from BOM of the equipment B to be issued for equipment A. Talk with ABAP and technical consultants.

Best regards,

Sorin

atul_sharma3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mr. Terence is correct if you will manage your equipment bom then, it will solve.

Best regards

Atul

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

May be you can use Equipment BOM to get the spares for the particular pump.

I am not sure about to restrict only to use Equipment BOM not other material.

Regards

Terence