cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in Releasing Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am  getting below exception while releasing activity from NWDS.

There are 2 predecessor activities which were not released due to some reason.Now if I am releasing current changes it is taking predecessor too and giving exception.  we are unable to find out that are we getting exception because of predecessor activities or is there any other issue.

Is there any way to delete those predessor activities?

Logs:

!MESSAGE Unexpected exception during release (com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException) Exc=com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException: The changelists are moved into different requests      [Error: com.sap.cms.client.release.impl.ReleaseAPIConnector  Thread[ModalContext,6,main]]

!MESSAGE com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException: Exception releasing activities to CMS

at com.sap.cms.util.logging.CmsLogger.cmsalert(CmsLogger.java:471)

at com.sap.cms.util.logging.CmsLogger.errorWithStackTrace(CmsLogger.java:371)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.ui.ReleaseActivitiesDialog.buttonPressed(ReleaseActivitiesDialog.java:694)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.ui.ReleaseActivitiesDialog.open(ReleaseActivitiesDialog.java:429)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.actions.ReleaseActivitiesAction.execute(ReleaseActivitiesAction.java:212)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.actions.TransportViewAction.run(TransportViewAction.java:117)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Caused by: com.sap.cms.organizerUI.exceptions.CMSActivityReleaserException: Exception releasing activities to CMS

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.communicators.CMSActivityReleaser.releaseActivities(CMSActivityReleaser.java:189)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.ui.ReleaseActivitiesDialog$20.executeInLock(ReleaseActivitiesDialog.java:1092)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.helpers.DIRunner$1.run(DIRunner.java:28)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.lock.DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.executeInDevConfLock(DiiConsistencyServiceImpl.java:108)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.helpers.DIRunner.run(DIRunner.java:34)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.ui.ReleaseActivitiesDialog.cmsRelease(ReleaseActivitiesDialog.java:1100)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.ui.ReleaseActivitiesDialog.access$1700(ReleaseActivitiesDialog.java:99)

at com.sap.cms.organizerUI.ui.ReleaseActivitiesDialog$7.run(ReleaseActivitiesDialog.java:679)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

[Error: com.sap.cms.organizerUI.ui.ReleaseActivitiesDialog  Thread[main,6,main]]

Regards

Deepa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

This kind of error comes, if you tried to release the activity that is not existing, what I presume is that activity of the predecessor got deleted, and you are tyring to release the same.

To solve this issue, you can delete the predecessor activity after which you can release your activity . Do delete the acitity  you need to have admin rights in NWDI.

You can activate your admin plugin in NWDS, create a admin client then go to the track, and delete the predecessor activity.

To have DTR plugin check this SDN

Regards,

Iqbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Usman,

I activated admin plugin in NWDS,how to create Admin client?

Regards,

Deepa

0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

In the DC perspetive, in the top menu, you should see a item select Client, you will also find an option to create client, if you have activated admin plugin. when you click on create client, you can give a name like DTRADM, give the URL of DTR Save. and Restart your NWDS. The admin client should be visible after restart of NWDS.

Then you can choose the track and delete the unwanted activity. (You should have and NWDI admin role to do this).

Regards,

Iqbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello iqbal,

i created the Admin Client.How to delete Activity from Closed Activities View?

under closed Activities view if i right click on activity i get three options

Properties,Integrate to,view Activity details.I am doing all this first time kindly help

Regards,

Deepa

0 Kudos

Deepa,

Can you log on to DTR , go to user admin and check, if you have the NWDI ADMIN role / in groups NWDI Administrator to your user ID attached??..if not then add the NWDI administrator group to your user account.

Restart your NWDS, re logon to DTR, then you should be able to delete the pendining predecessor activity

Regards,

Iqbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have NWDI Administrator rights.i restarted NWDS then also i am not getting delete option.

I guess all predecessor activities are released already then too they are visible in waiting list of transport view.

Regards

Deepa.

0 Kudos

Humm, that is an another issue, if the those activities that are released and are showing up in waiting list in consolidation, are they important for the project?? if not then you can choose the activity in NWDI consolidation and choose delete from import queue. Then try to release your acitity.

Regards,

Iqbal

0 Kudos

Hi Deepa, how are you?

Have you solved this issue ?

I am facing the same problem in my enviroment and i am not able to solve it.

Can you help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes issue got resolved after implementing SAP Note # 1587279.

Thanks & Regards

Deepa Kalyani

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the error message is different than the one described in the note 1587279

but could you please take a look at it and tell at least whether you can see anything in the cms support tool (see details in the note).

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

we followed SAP note 1587279. There it is written to search the change request when we tried to search the change request we are unable to find any.kindly help.

Regards

Deepa.