cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue while previewing the xlf file in Dashboards 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have developed a dashboard using Dashboards 4.1 and the current size of the source file (xlf) is 1530 KB and still i have to add 10 more components to it.then i believe it will be around 1650 KB of size.

So can any body tell me what should be the maximum size of any XLF file which is of a more complex with more than 40 Graph components with 7 tabs in it.also i am using 10 QAAWS queries in it.

Please help me how to resolve the issue with the size of the dashboard or the issue is some thing else. If so what settings i need to do to fix the issue.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Naga Nanda Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to make dashboard simple, logic design and navigation. Instead of tab try to use Label Based Menu. Size of dashboard isn't a major issue because which you cannot control on top of the design.

So try to display the summarized information, also.

> Try to minimize as much of excel formula, try to do the calculation on the source.

> If you have used any lookup's try to use index to search.

> also enable the show enabling status to check where it takes time to identify the slowness of  initialization time.

Dashboards (Xcelsius) General Best Practices - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Xcelsius performance optimization- tips & tricks - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) -...

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, size of XLF file should not be considered. It is the size of the resulting flash object(SWF) which contributes in the download time. If you use large number of components, the size of the SWF will be more. Rendering time will increase with number of visible components in one screen.

There is no setting to fix this problem. This is issue with design only. So, I would suggest to follow the best practices and try to minimize the number of components.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also delete all sample data from excel model before exporting the dashboard. This will help to reduce size of the resulting swf.