cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new line with compounded characteristics ANALYSIS FOR EXCEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a intrgrated planning query. I am opening this qury using analsysis for excel.

We have charactrestics Account no and charts of account componded with Account no.

When ia giving account no value it is inot compounding with the charts of accountant.

it foreces me to enter the completed compounded key.

How it can be done that i give only account no.? is there anyproperties need to be changed.

helpful answer will be rewarded.

regards,

naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

We are having the same problem. There is an idea in the idea place. But as far as I know this I not on the schedule. Especially if a general filter is set for the query it makes no sense to insert this value because it is not possible to add another value anyway.

Enter values of compounding characteristic in planning as displayed : View Idea

Please vote for it!

I also ran into the 1000 rows limit.

But I think that is ok. It's also a problem of the performance when talking about this quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have the exactly same issue, and I am using AAO 1.4 SP7.

Please let me know if you find a solution.

For now, I am showing the users how to enter the values with the compounding and a "/".

for example: Chart of Account COA1 and Account 1000000 they need to type "COA1/100000".

It works fine in BEX without the compounding, but I already started all my workbooks in AAO and published to BOBJ Launchpad and would not like to get back to BEX.

Another limitation that I found was the number of new records to load, where in BEX I was able to load 10,000 new rows at once and in Analysis for Excel there is hard limit of 1000 rows.

Thank you

Rodrigo Silva

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if the IP query is the same as the BEx query, but please see this thread by SCN members that addresses what to do with a compound characteristic in a BEx query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

Thnaks for reply.

This is bex query only but for the planning workbook we are using BO analyiss for office(version 1.4) as frontend.

In this we are facing issue when we are enetring the value. as show in example:

When i am trying to enter the valueas

Company Code  Account No  Chart of Account  KF

C1                         CC1               A1                        100

It is leaving an alert that:

Invalid value for compound characteristic Account Number. Try entering the complete compound name. Example: characteristic1/characteristic2/characteristic3

Chart of account is compounded with account no.

But when i am entering as:

Company Code  Account No  Chart of Account  KF

C1                        A1/CC1               A1                  100

It is allowing but in analyzer we didnt face this issue.

Please help  me how to resolve the issue.

regrads,

naveen

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure I can help, since I am not using planning

It is strange that you say you didn't encounter this with Analyzer; are you on the latest version of Analysis Office (1.4 SP09)?  If not, could you upgrade to the latest version and try again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello tammy,

I checked in help of analysis for excel tool and found the version is 1.4.4.2/3/. i dont know that it is

SP09 or lower version.

regards,

naveen

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you are on an older version - SP4

Could you see if you could upgrade to SP9?  That might help narrow the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I think I can remember that in earlier AO versions it was also necessary, to insert filter values via the clipboard button always with the compounded key.... Otherwise it did not work.

In the meanwhile it is not required anymore and you can insert a filter value with or without the key.

Just give it a try... and then upgrade to a newer Version.

Best regards, Martin