SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have knowledge on the inbound queuing functionality that relates to POSDM Tlog (e.g. transactions /posdw/qmon, /posdw/qdis)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAN ANYONE HELP IN CONFIGURING THE INBOUND QUE, CURRENTLY I AM USING IDOCS MENTHOD TO GET THE DATA IN POSDM,ONCE INCOMING IDOCS COMES IT IS IMMEDIATELY POSTED IN POSDW/MONO( BECASUE WE HAVE IMMEDIATE SETTING IN PARTNER PROFILE)

PLEASE LET ME WHAT EXTRA I NEED TO DO TO CONFIGURE INBOUND QUE AS OUR SYSTEM IS FACING DATA LOCKING ISSUE.

I KNOW IT IS POSDW/QDIS BUT WHAT WE NEED TO DO?

I 'LL APPRECIATE IF SOME ONE CAN TELL STEPS .

NISHANT

21 REPLIES 21

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define Inbound profile in your IMG configuration and assign that to your customizing profile for PIPE.

You can maintain additional settings in your inbound profile.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi vikrant I understand you are taking about maintaining the inbound profile- 'inbound profile for inbound processing' and get it assigned to profile( indise after check profile)

So now I have question,

1. I have put immediate processing in partner profile do I need to change it.

2.once I define the above steps,do I need to schedule the job with prog posdw/inbounddispatcher.

now if I do the above things then when sales file will come to posdm they will be processed through posdw/qdis and then send to posdw/mono.or do I need to do anything extra to achieve it.

Nishant

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Once you do above settings you sales should go to inbound queue irrespective of processing mode whether it is immediate or by program in partner profiles.

You can check if you have transactions in inbound queue using tcode /n/posdw/qmon.

Then you have to use /posdw/inboundispatcher ( t code /n/posdw/qdis) report to process the transaction from inbound queue to POS Workbench.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Thanks .

I have one doubt, we have configure four task for outbound Scenario in POSDM.

Now when we post the Idocs, in POSDm then it is processed in Pipe and outbound task are send to ECC.

But if transactions have wrong EAN then duplicate task which is processed correctly and other task are in error.i want to miodify the transaction but system doesn't allow.

I can change the status of 3 task to ready(which are in error), but for duplicate task I  two status are displayed 1.complete.2.ready to be cancelled.

until and unless I am not able to change the status of duplicate task I can't amend the EAN.

please advice.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This need change at configuration level. But even after changing the configuration this will be valid for next transactions at not the one which are failed already.

Are you facing this in prod env?

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have check profile assigned in your task for Duplicate check (1001)
?

Thanks,
Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Maintain the task status as Ready to be cancelled -> then run the same task , which will change the task to Cancel status -> Now it will allow you to change the status to Ready.  

Best Regards,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

No, i dont have any check proifle assigned.

i have only have filter for recondi badi-0001.

now when i change the status of 3 task who were in error to 'ready' and change the status of 1001 to ready for cancel. even then also i am not able to change the status transactions no longer can be changeed on account of its status.

Please advice how to achieve this duplicate check in wrong ean sceario.

otherwise we need to assign precondition in wppums task and avoid duplicate.

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

After Changing the task status  Ready to Be cancelled -> You need to select that transaction and run the 1001 task for the same . So that that transaction status will changed to - Cancel. With the status Canceled   you can able to change the status to Ready . And able to modify the data.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

i am using /posdw/tsch and i am unable to change the staus form 5 to 8( ready to cancel to cancelled) it says that change of task from 5 to 8 is not allowed.

Even i can't change in mono.

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Hope you have changed that transaction task to "Ready to Cancelled" and remaining all transactions are already completed.

Now you can select that transaction in Moni and run 1001 task again or you can use the /POSDW/PDIS to run 1001 task. so that you can able to cancel that transaction.

After canceling the transaction , you can use /POSDW/TSCH to change the status from Cancel to Ready

Best Regards,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant ,

If your problem gets resolved. Please close the issue by selecting one correct answer. That would be helpful for others to verify this thread for guidance.

Best Regards

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

You must assign check profile in your duplicate check task to avoid the processing of this task when you get master data issues.

Are you facing this in prod?

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi rakesh,

For 1001 task i have changed the status from completed to ready for cancelation.

other task like bw and wpuumas are in error( wrong EAn is there which i need to modify and system is not allowing as 1001 task is already processed)

for these task i have 3 options ready,error and rejected.

And second thing you are taking about posdw/pdis, we can process the transaction from mono also.

0 Kudos

yes but to do for those old transactions.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Well this is weird but can work.

I assume you have all the tasks failed in POS DM except duplicate check.

1. Change duplicate check from completed to ready to be cancelled and from ready to be cancelled to cancelled.
  2. Change other tasks to rejected from error.
  3. Now make a copy this transaction in POS Workbench (I assume you know how to do this).
  4. Change the master data as you needed and then process this transaction.

I will suggest to perform all this in test env first and verify the expected results.

This can be done only if there are few receipts as it will consume much time and all depend on how handy you are with all this.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Thanks for you quick response.

But the issue is with step-1 you described in your mail.

I am able to change the status of 1001 from completed to ready to cancel but from ready to cancel i am not able to change it to cancel. system gives an error.

because of thisl i am not able to cancel the 1001 task, i can not post new transactions by coping it.1001 is active for same transaction number.

Please check in your system and advice as this is related to authorization or it is standard.

0 Kudos

You can't change it through /posdw/tsch.

Once your task status is set to ready to be cancelled, run pipe dispatcher for same transaction it will go in cancelled status.

Hope this helps.

I will recommend you to do this in test env and verify the expected results.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Also alternatively you can follow the steps shared by Ajaya Mishrain doc

Since you have only duplicate check completed I don't see any issue to follow steps Ajay mentioned in his attachement.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

SAP POSDM INBOUND QUEUE supports trickle feeding using a inbound queue approach.

Without the Inbound queue you have to assure that the postings are doing for single store/day combinations. In a trickle feed scenario this could mean that parallel postings of transactions from the same store cannot be performed and queuing needs to be implemented on the converted.

With inbound queue you can post multiple days and stores within one file and you can do parallel postings for the same/store day combination.

For administrative information the table /POSDW/TIBQ_ADM can be utilized.

All transactions will the stored in te inbound queue if activated on the profile assigned to the site.

Enter monitor for inbound queue for POS transactions using transaction code /N/POSDW/QMON

Data can be posted either online or in batch (transaction code /POSDW/QDIS)

ENTRIES WILL BE DELETED DIRECTLY AFTER SUCCESSFUL PROCESSING OR BY USING A REORG JOB.

ERRORS WILL BE RELATED TO LOCKING,LOCKED DATA CAN BE POSTED WITH NEXT RUN.

I think the above will help.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

HI Ramesh/,

Thanks.

Now I have another doubt, we have configure four task for outbound scenario.

Now when we post the idocs in POSDM then it is processed in Pipe and outbound is send to ECC,but if there is wrong EAN  in one of the transaction then it is posted with error.

All the task are in error but duplicate task 1001 is  processed for that trans.

So now when we trying to edit the transaction to correct the ean and reprocess it is not allowing as one of the task is processed. we are not able to change the status of duplicate task to ready as there is only two option cancel to complet and complete.for remaing two we see ready status and we can easily change it

So how to handle the scenario.