cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Cost can not be updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am not an cost expert, but I need to maintain material cost.

normally I carry out MR21(create cost ) -- CK11n ( cost estimation)  -- CK24( price update for period), if no cost is maintained in material master ( period is 0 and planned price in " current " is 0 ) .

However,

i have encountered a problem when I am trying to update the material cost, by which there is a current cost there.

the following screen is how the material master looks

1. if i create via MR21 a new price , i got a warning saying that there is already a current price.

2. if i tried to do the cost estimation, i can not , because error "

Material 4xxxxxx in plant Lyyy has a released cost estimate.

so my question is ,

1. is it possible to change the current material cost some how ?

2. secondly, before the cost above 119000 is created and released for this material, the material is without cost. Thus i tried to create cost = 2000 in MR21, but in CK11n , i always got the 119000 as cost estimation, the 2000 new cost disappeared. I tried other cost, like 3000, but 119000 was always there in CK11n.  So in the end i have no choice , thus released the 119000, can any one explain me why ???

Thanks

Recke.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Once you have released the price for the period, you cannot change it. Even you can re cost the material for the period. Instead you can delete the current cost estimate by CKR1. Here you have to select the option "Current std cost esitmates" and remove the test run, execute it. This will delete the costing for the period.

2. As per your quantity structure the price has determined the system for the period as 119000. So, when you try to change it by MR21, system won't accept it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mukthar,

thanx, it seems working that way for the normal material ( so question 1 is answered ).

1. i have an addtional question for this situation, if i have material stocked in plant, would that cause some inconsistency ?

but for the material with 119000 as cost estimation , it does not work

question 2. : after calliing CKR1 for this mat. if got every thing to 0

but if i call CK11n for cost est. the 119000 is still there, and new added 200 is missing.

do u have a solution for that.?

Thanks!

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In material master costing 2 view we have two different fields i.e. Planned price (LPLPR) and Standard price (STPRS). Planned price field is updated with the cost calculated during standard cost estimate (CK11N/CK40N) and at the same time standard price field is also updated with the same cost.

Whereas standard price field can also be updated through other ways (MR21). But if you give price through MR21 it can not be updated to planned price field. This is the reason when you do CKR1 (re-organization of cost) system only reorganizes planned price field and price at standard price field remains the same. This is because all material movements happen in system with standard price field.

This was a general understanding on these two fields where you are stuck up. Now coming to your today's Q1 : If you have stock in the material and you don't give any price with CK40N/CK11N or MR21 then the stock will be valuated with ZERO price hence fetching value.

Q2: CK11N is done with quantity structure means using BOM and Routings. Till these two are not changed either in terms of quantity or price, system will calculate same standard price (in your case 119000), even you do it 100 times. And as I said in above paras the same price will be updated in standard price field also hence 200 can not remain there.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you have stock for the material, then there is no impact on your valuation once you delete the cost estimation in CKR1. It only deletes the price in planned price. When you issue the goods the system will post it as per your standard price.

2. After deletion the cost estimation, why you again run cost estimation? As per your BOM & the material price which is available on run rate, the system will valuate the price. In your case the material price not changed, due to this no.of times you run it the same price will come. If you want to change the price as 200, then you can do it by MR21. You do not run CK11N.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

thanks a lot for your detailed answer.

actually my Q1 is about, if i have 100pc in stock with cost like 100euro, if I updated the cost via MR21--CK11n --CK24 to 200euro, then what would happen with the value of the stock ? would the value of stock doubled ?

about Q2,

first the material is without a BOM.

secondly , I compared this material with other easily updatable material, both are with Qty structure indicator selected in costing 1. And I do not understand why the other mateirals costs can be easily changed.

So if there is a routine working for the cost estimation, could you kindly tell me

- where i can find it,

- and how the logic of this calculation,

- and how I can update them, sothat, i can change my costing for this material in the end ?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mukthar,

since I am not a MM guy, i was told to create cost following MR21- CK11n- CK24

I thought , CK11n need to be done, so that the cost estimation could be calculated and cost would show in the field below " Future " with a period.

And CK24 makes the cost moving from Future to "current" in Material costing 2

Is this correct ?

So i call via Mr21

And the materila costing looks like follows

(since i delete the estimation)

so if i call CK24 now

but if i call CK11n first, this 119000 comes up, Do you know who to change 119000 ?

i got some suggestions that since Qty structure is used, i need to change the routine, since there is not a BOM material.

Thks

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can maintain the price for the material manually by MR21 or automatically by CK11N & CK24. The system will calculate the price based on BOM qty * material price & routing (activity qty * price for each operation). As you said you have not maintained any BOM, then check have you maintained routing. And also share a screen shot of CK11N (details of costing).

1. Yes, you are correct we can release the price by CK24. Here system will update the price from future price to current price in material master

2. After you delete the costing, why have you run again CK24? You know once you run it, the system will update the price which was calculated by CK11N.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, do you know where to check the routine for this material cost ?

i am confused about ur question, then after CKR1, if i need to create a new price and release to the period. what should I do ?

( in our system, via MR21 the price would only appear in standard price area, but without period, thus "Future" and "Current" would still be blank. , thus i have to call CK11n and CK24 to do the cost estimation and release it accordingly )

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my last reply I wrote that MR21 will only update standard price field and not planned price field. Hence don't worry system is behaving correctly at this point.

Be clear on below points :

MR21-CK11N-CK24 in this you are little confused it seems. This is like MR21 or CK11N-CK24. Both have not to be done at the same time.

Routing you can find in CA03.

Please let us know what cost do you expect in material master means according to you which cost is correct 200 or 119000?

Secondly as requested by Mukhtar, please provide screen shot of CK11N with itemisation.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check routing in CA03. Why do you require the price in Future? If you change the price by MR21, then future & current price field always blank. Because these fields will update only you run the cost estimation by CK11N & CK24. As you know once you mark the price by CK24, the price will update in Future. Once you release the price by CK24, the price will update in the Current field.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rajneesh,

first, thanx , i found the people like you here are really kind and provide answers instantly.

to your answers

1. i checked cs03, no BOM under the material i tried to give cost.

i checked CA03 with the plant , and date as 30.10.2014 ( also todays date and yesterday), got the following warning

Does that mean , no routing ?

2. if there is no routing, then where the 119000 comes from , to your question, I want the price be updated as 200, that is my target

3.. about the transaction i called, let me tell what i see

3.1 MR21 , i create a cost, thus the price would pop up in the material " standard price "  .

3.2 CK11n, after calling this, the cost would be given a period and pop up in the " Future " .

3.3. CK24, after calling this, the cost will be released from the "future " ----> " current "

I thought there would be sth wrong with the current price, thus i asked how to delete the price. So I called CKR1 and delete the current price, ( indeed it does delete the cost), but I still can not create a new cost ( 200 ) for the material,, because 119000 still comes , after i call CK11n.

and if i dont call CK11n, direct call CK24 after MR21, then i got #

so my target is to update the cost to 200

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mukthar,

thanks for staying in this thread.

actually i dont request future , but it seems in our system, i can only put cost in " current " after it was put in " future" first.

I think what you said is true, i am not 100% percent sure, if CK11n put value in " future " or CK24 , mark did it.

since i always click " run "  and save,  after that, click " release " and save.

but today, if i called MR21 again

i got an error, do u know how to set period free ? since we got from Oct to Nov, ( we use 2015 months mapping to 2014 months ) . ?

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check material master costing tab 1. Whether at planned price some value exist?

Request you to post ck11n screen (requested earlier also by me and Mukhtar bhai) and your valuation variant,

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

CK11N only calculates standard cost. In CK24 you do two functions. First you mark it (cost can be seen in material master at under 'Future' col and when you release the cost at CK24 itself then this cost is shifted from 'Future' to 'Current' col in material master.

Regarding MR21 error, it seems that MM period is not open, You can check in MMRV. Take help of your MM for this.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rajneesh,

here is the screen of MR21 , if i put date 31.10.2014

could you tell from the information above why the 119000 is calculated ?

Thanks

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As requested earlier paste CK11N itemisation screen also valuation variant (which is assigned to your costing variant) material tab screen.

Regards

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, via MMPV , the posting period is activated for november ,

here are some screeshots in CK11n,

can you guys tell,where the 119000 possibly comes from ? and how to correct it ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The price control of your material is "S" (standard) and have released standard cost for this period.

So whenever you are trying to release any new standard cost for this material system is giving you error msg and not allowing to release another standard cost.

Now in reply to your question:

1. See in CK11n what is your costing date from and to, if it is monthly , in the next period you can estimate new standard cost and released. Also can update new standard price in MR21 but don't do CK11n. Once you estimate and released through for a particular period system will not allow.

2. You always got standard price 119000 because there was a estimated cost and marked for future period