cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiate PL entitlement on the basis of Date of Joining

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. Currently I am facing a scenario. The scenario is Employees, joined before 01.04.2012 can avail maximum 300 PL and Employees joined after 01.04.2012 can availed maximum 60 PL but max carry forward 30 days for next financial year.

Please help me to configure the system. I'm not getting any clue to configure the system.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for your reply. But I can't get it. Can you please help more specific way.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

Go to PE04

Select time managment and operation and mention operation HRS. Then go to display. After that click to HRS1_CE operation and will go the details.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan

I have written that rule

J1 is Date Type.

Is it ok or I have to change any thing? If it is ok then in which line I have to insert my PCR with which Function?

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

Write the PCR like below with operation ACTIO. insert before CUMBT function and after CUMBT function you have to write another pcr based on the time type creation at the end of the day.

PH- Hiring date type and PI is your constant date type 01.04.2012.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can write below PCR and place above function Quota before that one thing how you are generating quotas with time type.?

HRS=YSXAXX( XX is date type if you are using then place it here date of joining or else system pick                             it from 0000)

HRS+4475

HRS?0

>(Before 01.04.2012)

HRS=FRXXC

HRS?300

>

HRS*-1

ADDDBXXXX (Time type)

HRS=300

ADDDBXXXX(Same time type)

<(After 01.04.2012)

HRS=FRXXC

HRS?60

>

HRS*-1

ADDDBXXXX

HRS=60

ADDDBXXXX

=(On 01.04.2012)

Either any on of the above

For carry forward 30 days

HRS=FRXXC

HRS?30

>

HRS=30

ADDDBXXXX

or

UPDTQAXX

Check and let us know.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

We are using PT60 for QUOTA generation.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

have you checked my last reply?

And what the way are you going for it let me know ?

Base on the time type creation through above pcr you will restric your Quota value upto 300 and upto 60 for the employee's and after that you will cross check the current updated quota value and pass exact one.

I want little more understanding your requirement for further design.

1st Case:-Now i think if employee having 270 quota 's in his balance and he has joined before that 01.04.2012 then 30 quota will carry forward and will 300. but if he has 280 then only 20 quota will be carry forward.

2nd Case:-Now for those employee has joined after 01.04.2012 and having the balance of 40 quota then 20 quota's will be carry forward for the next year and maximum balance would be remained 60.

Am i correct with this understanding?.

If it's correct then how are you generating absence quota's for the employee and it would be greater than 30 for the year (my assumption).

Please clarify then i will try give you total design.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through PT60 only we have to generate quotas but when it comes to the base entitlement whether you are using time type or number as constant value.

Since if you are using time type to generate quotas use same time type for calculations else create a time type and place it in the base entitlement with seq no 2 then check and further if you have any issues let us know.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

As per your instruction I configure following steps -

1st I has created Base Entitlement 2 types -

Then I define Date type - J1 and define it in Generation Rule

Then I has wrote the PCR

PLE1 is the Time Type

Finally when I run Time Evaluation, It shows following error

Please tell me which stem I have to rectify to solve the problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Yes your understanding is correct. An employee, joined before 01.04.2012 can only accumulate maximum 300 Quota and Joined after 01.04.2012 can accumulate maximum 60 Quota. To restrict Maximum Quota accumulation we put the maximum number of Quotas in Max. Entitlement in generation rule.

I think it can be restrict Maximum Quota accumulation.

And please tell me the prerequisites before write PCR as you shows.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

Use period balance time type for quota generation and pass constant 2.5 value to time type through pcr then QUOTA function will update the quota in the absence quota type.(this pcr if you require then tell me i will attach later).

Now after the QUOTA function write the below mention pcr with using of P2006 function. After the P2006 function line put CUMBT function again. Let me explain you about the pcr and other things which is required to create in your system.

PH and PI both are date type.PH is for joining date and PI is your cross checking date i.e. 01.04.2012.(check the previous pcr)

ZELCF is constant and it's value is 60 and stored in table T511k. same ZELC1 is another constant and it's value is 300. 9MAY is period time type which you will be used in base entitlement of quota and it will come to generation rule under base entitlement tab.(don't required seq 2).

Apply same like 1st picture detials instead of ZELCF constant use of ZELC1.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for your effort. I'm very thankful to you. I have some doubts-

1) Will I have to use the First PCR you post or I have to use only the current one.

2) What is 9SEP?

3) Will I have to maintain both of the Date types in IT0041?

Please clarify those queries.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any quota J1 you have written HRS=FRJ1C instead of J1 place your quota type over there it is to query quota balances and remove max entitlement 300 maintain date type in info type 0041 then check.

Regards

Venkatesh

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

1) Will I have to use the First PCR you post or I have to use only the current one.-

You will use both pcr one by one. 1st Old one then new one. 1st PCR you will enter before CUMBT function with using ACTIO function and 2nd pcr after QUOTA function with using P2006 and after this again maintain CUMBT function.

2) What is 9SEP?

- Check the previous pcr. 9SEP is time type which will update when two date types comparison results.

3) Will I have to maintain both of the Date types in IT0041?

- Yes it's required.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Good Morning.

As your instruction I has created 3 Time type 9APR, 9MAY & 9SEP

Then write Both PCR and Insert in ZM04(Schema)

Please tell me if any thing missing.

Now please tell me Will I have to maintain 2 Base Entitlement and 2 Generation rule for both Date Type? If yes then Will they r same for both Date Type?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

Define the all time type as period balance. Only maintain period balance as 1. rest are not required.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned remove the HRS=FRJ1C and place with HRS=FR01C and place in the schema then execute time evaluation.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

I has run time evaluation for an employee (Joining Date 01.04.2014), but I think some calculation is missing. I am showing you the result -

I'm not getting why 9APR storing value 1

Now in SALDO it showing 9APR value 30

No PL Quaota genetated.

Only generating CL quota No PL quota generating.

Please help.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only maintain period balance for all the time type.

Have you created two date type and assigned in IT41. Please share your all configuration details and schema details.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Actually PL Quota is not generated in the system for that reason PCR is not working properly. Can you please send the rule by which system can generate PL quota.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Any update please

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

Wait for a while. I am trying to send you the details.

Regards,

Sankarsan

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please paste the solution once it is done.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Place this PCR in your schema and use time type in your base entitlement with seq no 2 maintain date type in 0041 and then check whether it is working or not.

Since i have tested it is working and the error is not appearing now.

Regards

Venkatesh

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

Kindly find the attached document details on your thread.

Check and tell me.

If your query is answered then close this thead with correct answer marking as well as please rate the post document.

Thanks,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

We required PL Quota Carry forward also for that right?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Sankarsan,

Please provide me leave carry forward steps or docs,

Regards

jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

check this link for various documents:

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

It's a other person's thread. So kindly create your new thread with details.

We will definitly try to reply on that.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

Quota Carry forward is 30 but quota will carry forward upto in two cases one before 01.04.2012 upto 300 and after 01.04.2012 upto 60. So in the individula month you are cross checking that quota value should not go beyond 300 or 60. Now at the end of the calender year you will pass same quota value to next calender year because it's not crossed the 300 as well as 60.

I think you are clear about your requirement.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Good Morning. Yes you are correct. But can you help me to pass remaining Quota to the next year. Then I could check Maximum Entitlement limit determined by the system or not.

Please help.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

You want to cross check maximum entitlement value based on the joining date on the last day of the calender year. After that carry forwrd the remaining quota to next calender year.

If it's true then i would be say have conflict in your scenario. Kindly cross check and tell me. Solution design is provided based on your requirement.

Since carry forward quota related lot's of doc are present in scn. Kindly google once.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Yes, but carry forward should be Financial Year basic (April,XXXX - March XXXX) because time evaluation will run on that basis. So can you please help.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

Check the Month and Day's through operation VARSTCURMO and VARSTREDAY by which you will take the remaining balnace of quota will transfer to same quota in the financial year.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Can you please pest the total rule please

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

I think this issue is closed. So kindly close this.

I will provide the details. Please create a new thread.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Can you please send your mail Id

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's in my profile.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you clarify one thing whether you wanted to generate maximum 300 or employee can avail maximum 300 what is your requirement.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Employee can avail maximum 300 PL if joined before 01.04.2012 and avail maximum 60 if joined after 01.04.2012.

Hope it's clear your doubt.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

check the below operation details HRS=Y.

i am attaching example which is mentioned under this operation and you can see in your system also. Accordingly you can build your logic.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which means he can take maximum 300 days leave right not maximum 300 days quota generation

Since there are 2 concepts one is quota generation i.e employer will provide n number of absence quota's such as leaves once leaves get generated then employee can can utilize those leaves so you are saying employee can take maximum 300 leaves if he joins before 300 days.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

It's not like that. Suppose you joined in company 01.09.2012. Then you can get 30 days of PL/ year and 2.5 days/month. Then through carry foreword PL can be maximum entitled 300 days. More then 300 days quota will be laps.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At any point of time remaining balance should not exceed 300 for employees who has joined before 01.04.2012 and  60 days for after 01.04.2012.?

And carry forward maximum is 30 days fro all employees.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Correct. That's the scenario.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

I think go like below.

Maintain maximum entitlement is 300. but you mention the date type like XX as 01.04.2012 in IT41 for checking his joining date is before or after 01.04.2012. If employee has joined before 01.04.2012 then you will maintain this date type in IT41. Where as if he has joined after 01.04.2012 then you will not maintain this date type in IT41.

Now you will create your pcr and check that IT41 having that date type is present or not. If present then carry forward the quota upto 300 but it's not present then pass the maximum 60 quota updataion in absence quota type.

I think you got the idea.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for your information. It's really very helpful. But I have very few knowledge of PCR writing. Can you please help me in that matter. Please tell me how can I write PCR for that.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

Let me give one day time i will try to share you with pcr.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Ok. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Your attachment is not matching with my scenario.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Avail is nothing but utilize the leaves from his balance i.e employee has to raise a leave request is nothing create a leave request in 2001 but there are conditions which are saying that before 2012 joining they can avail maximum 300 after 01.04.2012 joining max 60 days can be availed, Since when an employee is creating leave request or admin creating a leave record in 2001 itself you have to check joining date of an employee and have to put break point otherwise once record is being maintained in 2001 number of absence days will automatically update in the number column of 2006 later controlling in log is difficult so validation can be done at screen level with reference to joining date i.e have to implement BADI.

BADI details have been mentioned there check.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Have any solution of this problem through PCR? I'm using time evaluation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any input please. I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer below link it may helps you similar issue.

Regards

Venkatesh