cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Extension with new segement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am not quite deep in IDoc, but i have a request to include some new fields into EDI.

I studied some threads here and I know i need to create a new segement with WE31 and create a new extension based on basic type.

my question is , for example, i would create an outbound Invoice,  but adding some information from Matrial master

based on the basic type INVOIC02

1. to which knot i should add my new segement into ? e.g. Ext. Mat. Grp (basic data 1) Mara - EXTWG

2. for a new created segment I can only insert field into it

e.g. Ext. Mat. Grp (basic data 1) Mara - EXTWG

i can only inut EXTWG as field name and type EXTWG as "Data element " , would system be able to find the table Mara-EXTWG automatically. I mean how is the connection between the field defined here and the field in data table, where the Ext.Mat.Grp is stored.

3. If I create like that, then in IDoc i would have for every position in Invoice, there would be a segement for the Ext. Mat Grp. ?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried searching Google for 'IDoc extension'? Third link from the top is this SCN document that describes the whole process in great detail, screenshots and all.

Question # 1 can be answered by applying simple logic. Does the additional segment pertain to the document header or item? If it's material information then I'm guessing it's item level. So would it seem logical to add it as a child of 'Item General Data' segment?

For # 2 see the mentioned document, page 21. This is a user exit, so better give it to an ABAPer.

# 3 - usually if there is no data available then the segment is not created. So you won't have the blank segments but will have them whenever data is available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, anyone can help with this ?

thanks