cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload software to SCN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our colleagues developed an 'open-source' program, and they thought it might be nice to share with the rest of SAP developers here on SCN.

Would someone know about a way to do it?

There's no download center, and with the Code exchange not working...

Thank you

tadeas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Tadeas,

Did you check SAP Developers @ GitHub ? We can write an email to sap to add the projects to the list.(email available at the footer of the website)

Regards

Virinchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virinchy,

This seems like a perfect space,

though I'm getting a 'Recipient not found' error when trying to contact the sapdevcenter..

this is frustrating..

Thanks anyway 🙂

Regards

tadeas

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

regarding SAP Developers @ GitHub I'm not sure if this is space for all SAP related projects. It might be a case that this is intended for OpenUI5 / SAPUI5 projects only?

Perhaps Matthias Steiner can tell us this? In case this project can go to SAP Developers @ GitHub

can you help Tadeas with placing it there?

thanks

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

and thanks again,

at SAP Developers @ GitHub

I didn't get far enough to specify the project. I tried to contact them via the link provided at the bottom of the page in order to ask what kind of projects can be sumbitted, though the mail won't even send due to an 'unexisting recipient'...

thanks for including Mr Steiner 

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for involving me. I'm afraid that the SAP github repositories are not the right place for community content (not originating from SAP) either.

Having said that, nothing stops you from uploading it into your own github repository, and in fact it may be the best available option. Then the only question would be how-to make it known to the community. For that, you could write a post here on SCN and refer people to your project...

Regarding the long-term vision for a replacement of CodeExchange, here you should reach out to and from our Developer Relations team.

Hope that helps a bit..

Cheers,

matthias

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great, thanks Matthias!

Tadeas you are good to go with your own github as I thought so at first place 🙂

cheers

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

I talked to Craig and Thomas about this at TD and their suggestion was to use a public GitHub. This solves the problem of licensing, push/pull and distribution, but not the problem of project indexing etc.

Maybe the Dev center folks at SAP can think to that? There may be a way to collate projects within SCN.

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe the Dev center folks at SAP can think to that? There may be a way to collate projects within SCN.

That would be Thomas Grassl's team ... (Dev Center is owned by them now!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright all You guys,

Once again thanks a lot,

At least one of these ways should work 🙂

Still, do any of You have a contact to the Github Support?

I'v tried to reach them in order to submit ABAP doc to a public github, though none of the contacts I found seem to work... 😕

Or is that the 'Thomas Grassl's team'?

Should I try to email him in particular?

Thanks

regards

tadeas

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hm... you just need to sign up for an account and then you can create a repo(sitory) and push your changes yourself. No need to involve anyone on SAP side

Cheers,

matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great

Thanks 🙂

tadeas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

So I was wondering..

What if this happened?

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

As you pointed out there was a space on SCN called "SDN Code Exchange Platform" it started in 2009 it was available at:

sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/code-exchange

However this was long time ago. The Code Exchange Platform was discontinued on 09/2013.

There were some blogs (e.g. here -> however it is not available at this time) and discussions suggesting that developers are free to share their ABAP source codes on github.

So as per following blog I would encourage you to put it to git hub and make reference to that repository from SCN e.g. in form of blog:

PS: update us once you publish something!

cheers

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thanks,

we are going to try these,

already got it on git hub, though there were some concerns

(from the SCN regarding 'promoting' ourselves by sharing a free software) which we would like to avoid in the future..

I will keep you up-to-date.

Regards

tadeas

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember that blog that time - few months ago. So that was reason why they took it away 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

yep...