cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Extension ".txt" using SFTP-SND-Adpater

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm using the SFTP-SND-Adapter in a pi-scenario. All proceed messages are archived on ths SFTP-Server. So far, so good. The only problem is the file extension ".txt". That means my XML-File (e.g. test.xml) is archived as text.xml.txt after processing. My research has revealed that this is a "security feature". Is it possible to deactivate it? Is there any possibility to prevent this extension?

Thank you all.

Best,

HC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Many thanks for your reply.

Your Suggestion didn't work (for reason see my answer to Hareesh).

But I found the following note which is working fine 🙂

Note: 2104739 Skip Appending .txt to Archive Filename

Using add.Default.file.extension -> "false" in additional parameters

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try the note? 1815655 - Default extension added while archiving files on SFTP server

Also, an advanced mode parameter "addDefaultFileExtension" has been introduced.

If this parameter is set to 'true', then, while archiving the files on SFTP server, the additional check will be performed to check whether the file has ".txt" extension or not. If not, then the ".txt" extension will be added with the file name. Else, normal execution continues i.e. files will be archived on the SFTP server with their original name.

The default value for the parameter "addDefaultFileExtension" is 'false'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

thanks for your quick response. Yes, I know this note and I also tested. But this is not working. I'm still getting the file extension. We even updated the sftp-adapter to the latest version/patch level.

From what I understood this note is regarding the programm error and not the security feature. You use this additional paramter to prevent double file extension ".txt".

Best,

HC

former_member262051
Participant
0 Kudos

HI HC,

USe the above option as like below ite will work.

Regards,

Uday