cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying control - pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I need a little help. Normally we use the Pricing Type: G - copy pricing elements unchanged  and redetermine taxes - but now we have a request that only for one specific Sales Organization the taxes should not be recalculated, so actually only for this Sales org. type 'D' - would be the option.

What is the best solution? Do I need to create a new Copying requirement? If yes, then how do I define this request (I am not an ABAPer) - if I tell to the developer: we need to add the following in the code: if Sales Org is 'xy' then the pricing type (KNPRS) has to be 'D'. Is it possible to do this, or since the Pricing type is 'G' in the copy control then it wont have an affect? Or maybe I can use one of the data transfers - I am not sure if they can be used for pricing.

Really appriciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new item category and new item category group.  Assign the new item category group to material in MVKE (sales org view) so that the new item category defaults for those item when sales order is created in that sales org.  In copy control for this new item category, set the pricing type to "D". 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Rajeev

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Technically it is a good suggestion!

But if there are 10K or more material, then lot of maintenance activity needs to be done, at material master level (MM02).

typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to set-up item category group for each material in sales org view of Material master anyway.  This particular sales org will have a different item category group then others.  This is one time set-up that need to be done so not sure i understand the concern of maintenance.

Rajeev

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the suggestions already given, consider going for a new document type based on which, set the Pricing Type to D.   This is also taking into consideration, in normal circumstances, there won't be any frequent change in taxes; may be once in a year, going for an enhancement is not the Best practice.

Also, with the help of your Security Team,  you need to greyed out the Update tab in billing document condition tab so that users won't be able to change the value even manually. 

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two ideas in my mind. One of them is already shared by you that we can do this by creating a copying routine and adding this IF condition in it.

Other one is to have separate document types for both sales organization. See your document types structure. In some cases they already have separate document types for each sales organization. If this is so you can maintain different values in both. If this is not so then see the possibility to create separate document types/item category for both sales organization. This setting is there at item level so this could be another thought.

Using userexit is another way to do this but I won't recommend that.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, MoazzaM. I think your second suggestion would be too risky for us, these are normal order types, they are used by several countries, that's why I want a solution with the least change.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Then try to do this by adding IF copndition in copying routine. This would be the easiest way.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MoazzaM,

Thanks for your post! There are several interesting things in it

Other one is to have separate document types for both sales organization. See your document types structure. In some cases they already have separate document types for each sales organization. If this is so you can maintain different values in both. If this is not so then see the possibility to create separate document types/item category for both sales organization. This setting is there at item level so this could be another thought.

But, I want to discuss one point - Create item category:

Even if you do create an item category in customizing. How will that populate in the transaction level? Does user have to choose this manually, when the particular sales org comes into picture?

This will create many human errors.

typewriter

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW

This was just an idea. Changing item category manually is not a good practice and there could be more human errors in it I agree on this. Creating Sales document is not that easy in companies where they use sales document in more than one country just like in this case. Item category could be an option and selecting this item category based on sales organization can be done using enhancement in MV45AFZZ.

We should share more ideas with OP and recommend the best one and its OP's option to chose any one suitable for him.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

You are correct! We should propose many different ideas to the OP.

Discussing with you help me learn therefore I put forward my questions. Hope you don't mind that.

Also, by your clarifications, additional comments, many learn.

typewriter

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is always a two way learning so there is nothing to mind in these questions.

Thank$

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest you not to create a new pricing type or a copy routine.

Best way is to determine the pricing type based on a Z table and user exit reading the data from the table.

You can explore the include MV61AFZA and the user exit USEREXIT_CHANGE_PRICING_RULE for this purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, but I forgot to mention that this copy is from a normal sales order to a credit note (both sales documents, not billing documents) - so I guess its not an option for me.