cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "ORACLE v7.3 is not supported in your current installation"

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i upgraded from PB9 to Pb 12.5, no compile and build issues, I can run the application fine on my local machine, but when i run it on the citrix server its giving me the eroror "ORACLE v7.3 is not supported in your current installation "

the server has both oracle 7.3 and 9 installed bt the path is set to 7.3

The same code is running fine on citrix servers when compiles in PB 9

I tried getting all the dlls on the server still no luck!

What can i do to fix the error?

Is there anything i should add in build or deploy phase?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am I missing some posts?  The original question is 2 years old.  Since the original poster never replied I would assume they have updated by now.

Chris Craft

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good point Chris ... LOL! 

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your PowerBuilder app connects to the Oracle Client, not to the Oracle database server.

For PowerBuilder 12.5, you would need to use a supported version of Oracle Client which would be O90 (Oracle 9i), O10 (Oracle 10g), or ORA (Oracle 11g).

Since you have Oracle 7 & 9 database server, you should be able to use Oracle Client version 9 to connect to both database servers.

That being said, Oracle 7/9 and PowerBuilder 12.5 are both unsupported by the vendors. You should plan on upgrading your database to a newer version and your application to PowerBuilder 12.6 (with the latest EBF).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roland, that was my first thought. I could not find the info and was not able to remember what version worked with what. As you correctly say you just need a client that is supported by PB and will connect the the backend version. As he has Oracle 9 I think that could be his easiest route. Install oracle 9 client and change the PB connection to use that version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jojy;

As Terry pointed out above, both Oracle 7.x and 9.x versions were deprecated (EOL'd) many years ago. Also, the world has moved from the ANSI world to Unicode - as with newer versions on PB (like 12.x).

Personally, I would ...

1) Stay on PB 9.x for now with O7.3.

2) Create a migration plan to a newer supported Oracle release (ie 11i or 12c).

3) Once on a supported version or Oracle, upgrade to a supported version of PB (12.5.x is no longer supported).

4) In your modernization plan, allocate time to replace your applications ANSI with Unicode equivalent PowerScript commands.

Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris

PS: matrix of Oracle / PB releases: Support for Using PowerBuilder and Oracle - SAP PowerBuilder - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think Chris is right the key issue is the ANSI & Unicode differences. I think you will have to remain on an older version of PB until you can upgrade your databases.

If you need to discuss how to go about the oracle upgrades please PM me.

Good luck

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Register this "pbo7390.dll" dynamic link library file

c:\Windows\System32>regsvr32.exe  pbo7390.dl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle 7.3 is not supported for 12.5.  Sounds like your DBMS setting is O73.  Need to change that to O90 so it picks up the correct drivers.

Chris Craft

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do realize that Oracle 7.3 was desupported in 2000 and Oracle 9i in 2007?

Sounds like you are still trying to connect using the O73 driver (SQLCA.DBMA=O73).  You'll have to change it to use the O90 driver and use the 9i client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were faster than me...just as Terry said...