cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create HTTP Destination for Hanatrail Odata service and use it in WebIDE for Fiori app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please guide me how to create HTTP Destination for my Odata service (.xsodata) created in Hanatrail cloud platform. This Odata service i want to use in my Starter Fiori app using hana WebIDE.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185575
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

I have investigated into this issue during the last weeks and came up with a blog post:

To put it in a few words: not possible with trial hana, with productive it works - or also dev edition on AWS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for replying .I have spent lots of hour on this. Now its clear that it will not work on trial HCP account. Hopefully SAP HANA team will come soon with same solution.. 

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

have you tried my solution? Just get node.js, clone the GitHub repository, configure via the file config.js and then connect do you local system via the SAP Cloud Connector.

Best regards

Gregor

akshaya_p
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Were you successful in your attempt? Ate you able to access xsodata from hana on-premise system in HCP trial account? if so please share the steps.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshaya,

access XSODATA from an HANA on-premise system should never been a problem when you have the HANA Cloud Connector in place.

Best regards

Gregor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish and James,

to get arround this problems I've started the project  SAP HANA Cloud Tial Authentication Proxy for HANA XS Services on GitHub. Perhaps you like to contribute.

Best regards

Gregor

jwood_bowdark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Sorry, I've been away on vacation for a bit. Sounds like an interesting project. I'll take a look and see if I can lend a hand.

Thanks,

James

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I've used the as a starting point. Unfortunately I'm now stuck at the authorization part. I've set Basic Authentication and provided my E-Mail / Password but then I still see in the Network trace of Web IDE that instead of the OData metadata a login screen appears. Have you made any progress?

Best regards

Gregor

jwood_bowdark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm in the same boat with an HTML5 application I'm playing with on my HCP trial account. Here's my scenario:

1. I created an OData service using a .xsodata file on HANA XS. The service works fine via my browser/REST client.
  2. I created a new HTML5 application (separate from my XS Application) which is supposed to consume the OData service. I'm routing the request through an HTTP destination configured in the HCP cockpit.

No matter how I configure the security in the XS and HTML5 applications, it doesn't work. If I try to go anonymous, I get an HTTP 403/Forbidden. If I try basic auth, the network trace shows the SAPUI5 model object routed to a logon page. I feel like I've tried every permutation to no avail.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos

Hello James

I had the exact requirement and I have tried anonymous connection to my database and no authentication in destinations which works for me. The only difference from your scenario is I am using a productive account.

The initial authentication to the application is for SCN authentication. If you want to avoid that please follow the below link and make changes in neo-app.json

SAP HANA Cloud Platform

After that I have put anonymous connection to the XS package which should expose all the resources.

I would ask one more thing - please check your HTML application dashboard which should show your internal destination as green (connected).

Regards

Vivek