cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: How to handle switching screens created by different transactions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

I used iw21 to create a Notification (NTF), then use iw22 to change the NTF. Similarly, I used iw31 to create a Work Order (WO) associated to the NTF, and I can use iw32 to change the WO. The landing screens for iw22 and iw32 are personalised UIs using Personas for running iw22 or iw32 respectively, eg, called Screen_NTF, and Screen_WO.

Now the issue is: on both screens, there is a built-in button by which one can jump between NTF and WO screens. However, After jumping over, the displayed screen is the Basic View but not the personalised ones.

My questions:

Solution1: I have to create new personalised screens for the jumping cases, and I think it will work. However, my concern is how the back stepping work be? EG, I start iw22, then jump to WO screen, then back, if I do one more back, would it go back to the init screen?

Solution2: Instead of creating new personalised screens, I may switch to the existing personalised screens, ie, Screen_NTF, or Screen_WO. However, it reports error like "Cannot see the flavor", even though I used "IW22/myFlavor". Another concern is also the backstep, if this idea worked, would Personas knows where to go back after the back and forth jumpings?

Any idea? Thanks.

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what is happening is that when you press the button to go from IW33 to display the corresponding notification the transaction code doesn't change. Although you are looking at a notification, you are still running IW33! And that's why you don't pick up your existing IW23 flavour, and that's why you can't switch to it manually. You are going to need to reproduce it for the IW33 version of the screen, and maintain both ongoing if you change them.

As for navigating back, the back button will go back to where you started - i.e. back to IW33 in my example above.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. Your are right that all the screens shown along the UI path of a transaction have to be remade if personalisation is needed. It is too bad that Personas 2.0 does not offer copy/paste function for reproducing a whole screen based on an existing one. Bad luck, it seems that I have to redo all the changes for those screens.

Set yours to Correct.

Dong Zhu

Answers (0)