cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a text variable that displays the Key Date value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a variable that prompts the user to a date that feeds into the "Key Date" in the query property section.

The goal is to display the value of this "Key Date" in the header of a Key Figure (i.e., Count [YYYY/MM/DD]).

I created a new text variable on the Key Figure using Replacement Path -> Reference Characteristic: Date, but it does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanks,

If you have used the infoobject key value in the replacement path tab, then it is normal behavior that it does not work unless you add the date characteristic to the rows.While defining the text variable, in the replacement path tab select replace variable with variable and enter the name of the variable.

Hope it helps

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response. I believe what you are saying is that 0DATE must be in the list of dimensions?

The problem I have right now is the following.

1. In Properties pane within the Key Date field, I created a variable using 0DATE as reference characteristic. Let's call this variable ZINPUT

2. In the Key figure, I tried to create a text variable using 0DATE replacement path.

3. Select "Replace Variable with: Variable"

4. The list of 0DATE variables do not include ZINPUT

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanks,

Is the type of your variable ZINPUT MANUAL ENTRY/DEFAULT VALUE?

Regards,

Loed

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi

3. Select InfoObject (instead of Variable), Replace with "Key".

Rgs

Chandra

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanks,

I understand, that you use a variable to set the key date.

You need to create a text variable type exit.

Then you need to program the exit in a way, that it reads the value out of your original variable.

regards

Cornelia

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanks,

Yasemin is right..

You may also post a screenshot in order for us to have a better view of your problem..

Regards,

Loed

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using above senario it will work and i am sure.

please share the report screen shot.

please look at the document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80461c9f-fa4a-2e10-88be-e2219a016...

Replacement Path: Replacement from Variable - SAP Business Explorer - SAP Library

Thanks,

Phani.