Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Standard Message Type 'W' to 'E' to avoid Dispatch in CM25

rameshkumar_ramasamy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In CM25, we create a work order with multiple operations which should be performed in sequence. Operation 0010 should be completed before 0040 can start and operation 0040 should be completed before 0050 can start. Here we are able to dispatch orders regardless of sequence. The standard is displaying Warning message for C7 Appln. Area with Msgno '37'(Schedule Conflict: Constraint is too late)  and '38'(Schedule Conflict: Constraint is too early). The Customer wants it to display as 'Error' instead of Warning message. I tried to change by defining the messages OBMSG as attached but still it is showing as warning. We have a setting to Cancel Dispatch  due to error in Strategy profile in SETTINGS menu bar.

Pelase help me out in solving this.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use the procedure outlined on the following document to find out where this message is triggered:

After that, you will be able to see if the message type can be changed of if it's harcoded as a warning message. In the worst case, you can make a modification to change the message type.

BR

Caetano

rameshkumar_ramasamy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is hardcoded in the standard program as attached. I couldn't find any user-exit or BADIs to change this one. Looking for Implicit Enhancements.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

As you already noted, it's hardcoded as an error. I think that the only way to change it with a modification on the standard program.

BR

Caetano

Answers (0)