Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work order dates need to be same as notification dates

jks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our requirement is to pass on the Notification Required start and Required finished dates (which is derived from notification Priority) as the Basic start  and Basic Finish dates into Maintenance order. Can you please let me know, what setting need to be carried out.

Can it be achieved via standard config. or need some enhancement??

Note: I've already defined Priorities (same as in notification) and Assigned to Order types. let me know what else need to be checked??

Thanks

JK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please go in transaction OPU7  and do following setting

Then Go in SPRO-->Plant Maintenance and Customer Service-->Maintenance and Service Processing-->Maintenance and Service Orders-->General Data-->Activate Default Value for Current Date as Basic Date

Here you need to Unmarked the Check Box for Default Current Date of desire Plant

Br

Rakesh

jks
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh,

I've already having the same settings like u mentioned.

Still I'm getting the issue..

Please see below is my notification dates

Below are the Order dates

I need system to copy the default Order basic start & end dates same as in Notification. So that the planned can get this time to plan it's activities. While in my case the Order basic finish date is derived from Lead time scheduling time defined into operations.

Please let me know, what I'm missing

JK

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please recheck  in SPRO-->Plant Maintenance and Customer Service-->Maintenance and Service Processing-->Maintenance and Service Orders-->General Data-->Activate Default Value for Current Date as Basic Date

Here you need to Unmarked the Check Box for Default Current Date of desire Plant

also Please do not use Priority in Work order as you would like to follow the notification dates.

Br

Rakesh

jks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Please note, I'm not defining Priority type into Order separately. Its coming from Notification to Order Integration setting.

Since we define the Priority for Notification, hence It's coming from there.

Regarding the order dates, I checked all settings , the basic Start date and end dates in Order are still coming same-- > which are the copied one Notification Required start date only. Notification required end date is not getting copied here.

Order basic finish date can be changed later when defining the Operation time.

My need is to copy the notification dates as it is...into order.

Thanks

JK

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JK

If order is created from notification only one of the dates - basic start date or basic finish date is transferred and the other date is calculated from scheduling.

If you are gng for forward scheduling, the basic start date will be taken from notification and finish date is calculated from scheduling. The opposite occurs in the case of backward scheduling.

Use this IWO00012 for copying the dates.

Regards

Terence

jks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Think..the Exit method suggested by you would be workable.

One question, in this case ,how the operation dates would be determined by the system?

say from notification, copied dates are

Basic start date= 01.10.2014

Basic End date=  14.10.2014

here User can start  the Order within 14 days of these two dates.

If there're 3 operations e.g.

Op 0010= 20 Hrs

Op 0020= 15 Hrs

Op 0030=  20 Hrs

if work center capacity is 8 hrs,  how the start date of first operation will be calculated? Will system automatically take the start date when ever user will key in the operation time on operation and basis this system calculates the end date?

Please update ..

Regards

JK

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

I have not tested this in my system. I guess the update of dates will come only once, when the notification is converted to Order

When you have the operation in work order, system will change the dates based on the operations only. Else the scheduling concept will fail.

I prefer you can test in development client and under stand whether this can solve your request. I also came to know there is another similar user exit IWO10012

Regards

Terence

Answers (0)