Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using rolling period for Planning

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need rolling periods for planning, which requires me to use 0FISCPER instead of 0FISCPER3 in my planning queries

Within the planning query the user selects a period range, e.g.  010..2015 to 009.2016.

The challenge I have is that I see 000.2015 as well as 013.2015 in the query output in spite of the fact that I only have 12 period defined.

How do I get rid of 000 and 013 period within the query. ( I do not want to use characteristic relationships due to performance reasons, and neither can I run the query on posted values ).

This issue creates another problem.. I am using current member variable and have an off on it of -12. The challenge I have is that this offset considers 000 as well as 013 period.

Any suggestions ?

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to put an exclusion of 000 and 013 together with variable in bex query filter ?

Something like in the next printscreen ...

BR,

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

No way. I am using 0FISCPER and it is compounded to the year.

I cannot exclude 000 2013...because the year can change based on the inputs.

0 Kudos

Hi,

but you can use an exit variable that takes the interval boundaries and resolves the time interval to single values; in the exit implementation you ignore the special periods.

Is this time interval used in a restricted key figure (plus the new current member feature)?

Regards,

Gregor

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I got an exit variable implemented to find out the periods and then excluded them. This worked.

From my investigation I found out that the Query does not consider the table T009C to read the fiscal periods, which only has 12 periods. The additional periods I saw were dependent upon the no. of special periods that were defined as part of the fiscal period definition.

Luckily the current member functionality does not consider the special periods and thus is not plagued by the problem of periods 013 000 etc

Regards,

Dheeraj

Answers (0)