cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to Enumerate Shared Parameter Prompts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version: SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio (version 13).

Issue: It is possible to create subreports that share the same parameter prompt (see image below); however, I have not found a way to determine this relationship using the Crystal Reports .NET API. You can certainly find all of the duplicate subreport parameter names, but that in no way means that the parameters are going to be grouped together by the parameter prompt UI.

Question: Is it possible to use the Crystal Reports .NET API to enumerate prompt parameters that will be grouped by the parameter prompt UI?

Thanks

Regards,

Michael Cessna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If you need to create a custom Parameter prompt you do this outside of CR. You cannot get into our internal prompt UI.

All Parameters are in the one Collection off the main report object.

Search for Parameter in this forum and you'll find sample code on how to get them.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding a custom parameter prompt, we're already creating our own prompt UI and are very familiar with the APIs, etc:

I was hoping there was something I've missed that can tell us how to programatically determine when a prompt that is used in multiple subreports should be combined into a single parameter prompt in the UI. As near as I can tell this logic is hidden within the viewer implementation itself?

Thanks

Mike

Answers (0)