cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Data Services Designer Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP data services and am using the designer{ETL} to create batch jobs. The Data flow is simple, query the DB and o/p those results to  a flat file.

The flat file is being placed at a shared location {unix}. The ETL job server resides on another machine also unix based.

The problem I am having is if i try to run the job it errors out with the following

Cannot open file </xx/aa/x00/AATEST/export/TestFile.csv>. Check its path and permissions

Data flow <TEST_DF> is terminated due to error <80101>.

The folder export has all the permissions

If i now try to run it again, it works fine and generates the flat file.

This behavior is strange and I have tried to run it a couple of times with the same result.

Any update or information would be useful

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member27665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

This means that the job server don't have access to the file in share drive. Keep the file in same machine where the job server is installed or mount the drive and make job server user accessible to that folder.

Also make sure in file editor source is mentioned as Job server.

Worth reading : http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Shared+Directory+access

Thanks & Regards
lal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devilal,

Thank you for your reply, however that's what the surprsing thing is , I know that the job server has acess to the folder in the shared drive to create the file because

a.  The folder has all permissions given on it

b. When the ETL fails and I re-run it, the file is created fine.

Thats what the confusing thing is , all permissions are fine, run it once it fails, run it the second time it magically works..

I need this job running automatically so I can't really rely on physically re-running it every time.

I will check the link you provided, hopefully this will offer some answer to this mystery.

Thanks

Ryan D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Strange behavior indeed. Out of curiosity, are you passing your path and file names as variables or have you hard coded them in your file formats?

-Chaitanya