Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete IBase using custom report program

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to delete IBase in CRM using code. I tried FM IB_COM_NEW  to get handle and passed the handle to FM IB_IBASE_DELETE_IBASE but I am getting an exception IB_HANDLE_NOT_DEFINED.

i saw post regarding archiving but I want to delete the ibase. Please suggest what value to be passed  to handle or some other way to delete the ibase.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I'm not wrong, IBases can't be deleted without archiving them first, I guess you already check the SAP documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/4b/c5a4a670483c6ae10000000a42189c/content.htm?f...

Otherwise you can cause inconsistencies or side effects on the system. if despite you must go for that way I believe you didn't call the FM IB_COM_NEW before  IB_COM_NEW, but as I said, I can't recommend that approach

Cheers!

Luis

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Luis.

I have called IB_COM_NEW before IB_IBASE_DELETE_IBASE in my program.

I would like to know the order of FMs to delete the IBase and what value should passed to the parameter I_IBIB_HANDLE of FM IB_IBASE_DELETE_IBASE.

Thanks,

Dilipan

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I don't understand the issue, If you call the IB_COM_NEW  the result is  E_IBCO_HANDLE, this value is what  IB_IBASE_DELETE_IBASE. needs, from here, I don't think I will be more useful because I never deleted IBases on the "hard way". Good luck