cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Entity derivation in BRF+

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create cross entity derivations in BRF+.

One of the example is: Based on a Account Group a Reconciliation Account is to be set.

For this I found a document on SDN for which below is the link:

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=h...

In this doc in the section Cross-Entity Read Access it mentions steps like...create data object, create post-exit, create Z-class, etc.

I am finding this method as lengthy and complex as I need to write many cross entity derivations.

So I am trying to find out some alternate way of achieving the same. If anyone knows any other method simpler than the above given method, then please share.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Please refer this Entity Derivation in MDG-F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this document.

It explains BADI approach for implementing cross entity derivation. Do you think this will be simpler than using BRF+ as given the the document I shared? As I mentioned that there are 10-15 such validations which I have to create so I am looking for the best approach.

I am new to SAP MDG so please guide me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

You can refer below SAP notes which gives you example imolementation so that you can use it in your custom BADI

Example Solution:

SAP Notes 1806103 and 1815882
provide the example BAdI implementation MDG_BS_MAT_CLF2DESCRIPTION for the
cross entity derive BAdI USMD_RULE_SERVICE_CROSS_ET.

SAP Note
1818020 is also required.

:

Please refer page 89 in your document

:

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't use the standard BRF+ derivation & validation rules for cross-entity validation & derivation. Your option is the cross-entity BAdI. It is a little complicated but once you understand how it works, you should be flying. The code in most of the examples can be reused with slight modifications. I suggest you invest time in learning how it works rather than trying to find work-arounds.

Answers (0)