cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Word could not open WWI reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

As a WWI report is being generated, a windows generated error message pops up having a statement

"C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\SAP\SAP GUI\tmp\Rehsfil0.WWI is not a valid Win32 application".

We checked  "C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\SAP\SAP GUI\tmp" and all the reports are there. Though the log is not being generated.

Other users have the same software setup but they can generate the report.

below are the specs of my machine:

Microsoft office 2010 32bit

Windows 7 - 64bit

SAP GUI 730

Has anyone experienced this issue?

What are the possible solutions for this.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

WWI reports are now working again.

it turns out that we have to re-image the OS, re-install some Windows software applications and re-map the user profile to the SAP component.

There was not much being done that involves SAP.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

Cheers!

-Lronmac

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

as I assume that the effects is only happening for one user. please resintallthe local WWI and recheck. If this does not solve the topic check if there are difference on client side (e.g. in Winword version etc.) at least you can use option as mentioned by Jagadeesh

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lronmac,

Please try this setting-

In the menu go to System, User profile, Own data.Go to tab Parameters and check the value for ESWWI_INST= existfront

value of environment parameter WWI_INSTALLATION (in customising) = 'existfront'.

Hope this helps.

Gopi Dadheech

jagadeesh_gn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please try applying patches of SAP GUI 7.30 .

We had experienced similar problem . The problem was resolved after upgrade of SAP GUI.

There are sap notes available for the same.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have admin permission on that machine?

Maybe the log it's not really written or you don't have the authorizations on C:\.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

yes i have the necessary authorizations. we are now trying to install and uninstall the MS Office and hope for the best for this.