cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIF Time infotypes: Availability of time infotypes in the decoupled infotype framework

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi (fellow) experts,

My primary and most wondered question:

Does anyone out there has an idea on SAP schedule to release compatibility fix for time infotype (constraint Z) in the decoupled infotype framework?

Many of us lately talk about and use the decoupled infotype framework; I see many clients interested in HR-Renewal PAOM attractive interface but when question turns around time data I tend to change subjects)... HR Renewal 2.0 has awesome new features such as the Payroll Control Center and the possibility for dynamic action but still no access to time infotypes... Tricky to manipulate infotype 2010, 0416 data without accessing the backend system to correct payroll data... I don't even start on 2001 absence infotype..., etc...

I also have some question on the SAP official working model for certain PA infotype that update in background time data (e.g. 0080 for instance). 

There are some country specific infotypes that bothers me a little bit because I don't  understand the SAP working model behind it; it's about french infotype Work stopped (0424) which is a data entry screen for work incapacity derived from illness or accident at work that update infotype 2001 in the background.

Now if I take a detailed look at the decoupled class CL_HRPA_INFOTYPE_0424 method SPECIFIC_INSERT_COMPUTATIONS for instance I can see how the specific logic to create infotype 2001 is nicely commented out in the code while in the backend both those infotype are completely integrated.

So what am I to understand: class is actively decoupled and I can use it but I will never have the same functionality that I have in the backend system? or is something else? same question apply to infotype 0080 under not only the french template, but UK, Spain... etc... , in the french version it updates both infotype 0424 and 2001 in the backend but I don't see nothing of the sort in the DIF even though there is an active specif FR convertion class (does not seems to be in working order and no infotype 0424 update anywhere nor of course 2001)...

Let me be clear: I think the DIF initiative is a great innovation from SAP; very easy to understand, manipulate and so much more versatile. It would be awesome if everything would be ready to use ... very powerful tool.

Thank you for time gurus!!!

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus:

Well well sounds like some effort in decoupling time infotype development has been released into EHP8.

At least I am able to see development class and FPM configurations for infotypes 2001, 2006, 3355... so even if not everything is ready I can now see things are well on the way!

Cheers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Still looking for answer regarding general availability of time infotype in the new infotype framework; not sure where to look at if any could point out the right directions.

Cheers.