cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Badi for CRM IC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User don't want empty interaction record to be created. I have found a badi which will restrict it. But I don't know how to use that BADI as am new to CRM. Please help me to use BADI CRM_IC_IARECORD to restrict record creation.

Thanks

Subin Samuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

I would actually ask WHY do you want to suppress the creation of the Interaction Record? Doing so is actually not recommended as a lot of functionality in the Interaction Center relies on the IR including reporting; creating follow-on business transactions; and INTO/INTA linking of emails, service requests, solutions/knowledge articles, etc.

A better idea would just be to remove the IR object from the screen so that agents don't see it and don't need to fill it out, but still allow it to be created in the background.

You can find a little more info in this blog post by Gert Tackaert, "Everything you need to know about the Interaction Record..."

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If we just leave the standard functionality for interaction record creation, but when connecting to CTI, the IR will be created automatically after pressing end button (accept the call, comfirm the customer, end the call), where the IR content actually is empty, do you have any better idea how to prevent such a scenario, otherwise we will definitely get some confused data from the report later on.

Please kindly help advise, many thanks in advance.~

Best Regards,

QQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QQ,

Implement BADI CRM_IC_IARECORD. This will stop creating IRs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Actually we wanna the IR created, what we should take care is to prevent EMPTY IR from created, might I know if there is any solution to raise message(e.g) as warning to reminder the agent to have related info maintained so that we won't have further empty IR in the report.

Many thanks in advance.~

Best Regards,

QQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QQ,

This IR is not empty. It holds communication related information and also it ties all other objects in the interaction together.

If you want some particular fields to be populated by the user manually, you may try implementing ORDER_SAVE BADI. Implement method CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE and raise exception DO_NOT_SAVE if those mandatory fields are not populated by user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Thank you so much for your quick reply, this is exactly what we are looking for, many thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QQ,

If this works perfectly for you, please mark my answer correct.

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[As moderator, I have marked the answer as correct]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

atulJaiswal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subin,

As Thomas suggested there will be many threads for the BAdi Implementations.

Since you need to suppress empty Interaction records, you have correctly figured out Badi "CRM_IC_IARECORD".

Follow as below:

Go to se19 go to the secod block for create Implementation. Select Classical BAdi radio button and enter bAdi name CRM_IC_IARECORD -> click on create implementation.

In the pop-up give the ZXXXXXX( your implentation name) continue and give a short description.

Navigate to method BEFORE_IREC_CREATE:

Here you need to identify which even is calling this BAdi and suppress IR creation as per your requirement.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subin,

Steps to implement a BADI have been described in SCN several times. In general you have to go to SE19, create an ew implementation for your BADI, give it a name and use the method of the implementing class.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner