cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Idoc WMMBXY error : EDI: Field OUTMOD in control record with value ' ' is invalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I am seeing a strange issue in SAP. We are receiving an inbound idoc from external system to post the goods receipt against a PO.

Every time an idoc is going in error with message `EDI: Field OUTMOD in control record with value  is invalid`. As per the F1 help for field `OUTMOD` of control record, this field should be blank for an inbound idoc. Now the issue is why system is giving this error message for an inbound idoc?

Another strange thing is, when I reprocess this idoc using tcode BD87 it gets processed and GR is posted but  if same idoc with exactly same data comes from an external system goes in error with above error message

Can anyone help me to understand, does system calls different UE/include/Programm when idoc is directly received from external system (Please note that we are not using XI/PI) compared to when idoc is reprocessed using BD87

Any  hint on this issue will be highly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message number is E0 051

What is the value in field  CONTROL-DIRECT ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your support and help on this issue.

The issue has been resolved, what we did was we asked the external WH system to send the message with "Direction" as inbound i.e. 02 and it worked. I am still not sure if the setup has to be this way? but its working

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

What is the error message ID and number?

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

former_member232581
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandip

Can you get the receiving partner number, and confirm if it is correctly maintained in WE20 for inbound parameters with your message type.

Thanks

Vibhor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor

Yes partner parameters are correctly maintained in WE20. As I mentioned in my original query same idoc gets processed using BD87. Also I tested same set of data using WE19 and it works. But the problem is, same idoc does not get processed when its being received from external system