Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

please find the below issure and let me know how to default the first reporting

In SAP: There is First reporting and second reporting for a user

In ESS: When the user try to apply for leave reporting to by default is second reporting. It should be first reporting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check if the issue is happening only for one user or multiple users along with the workflow design.

• If it is for one user, it may be due to data issue, wherein the first reporting manager is on leave or rship is not valid / active etc. The workflow may have been designed in such a way that if the there are issues with master data or action is not taken by the first level manager within a stipulated time period, it goes to next level manager.

• If it is happening for multiple users, then it surely is a design issue and you may have to ask your consultant to relook at the workflow.

You can check your workflow using tcode SWDD.

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha

Thanks for the Replay it is happening to single user i checked the 1st Reporting manager is present on the day where the user is opting for the leave .... Could you let me know what would be the other kind of Data issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha

Also please let me know how to find out issues in master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the issues which I can think of:

a. Reporting relationship b/w the employee and the manager - should be active and wef the date when user had applied for leaves

b. Position holder rship - same as above

c. Email id's maintained for manager

From workflow perspective, did the user's leave ever went to the manager or not ? If yes, did he approve within the stipulated time period as per workflow requirements ?

You can also take the help of your ABAPers, to check for the workflow for this user.

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are referring to the leave request, right?

I also assume you are a user and not involved in the configuration of your system and workflows. If this is the case, please talk to that person first. They will be able to change it. If not, then the person, who did the configuration should come back and add the required information about how the system is currently set up and where exactly the problem occurs to this post. So far, the info you gave can only teigger a guessing game with only a random chance of a correct answer. Your HR configuration expert or consultant will know, which info to provide here so that the community can help you.

You need to understand that SAP is a highly configurable system, so nobody can guess what your problem is, without knowing how your system has been set up in that particular process.