cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Short Code - My Flavors are mixed up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry that title doesn't really do the issue any justice .. let me try to explain.

Since I started using  short code ID in my NWBC Personas role, my flavours seem to be mixed up ..I am now getting flavours coming up that are not part of my user group or the flavor that the short code points to (this may be a coincidence)

I have a very simple custom t-code with 4 screen and a simple forward backward navigation between 3 screens ... so these 3 screen are part of the same flavor (thank you Steve Rumsby) ... a second flavour is used for a screen that I go to only on request....

I have removed all un-wanted references to flavours that should not be associated with this transaction from this group and my user but I'm getting messages about missing flavours from scripts that shouldn't be getting called (it's a bit of a catch 22). This all results in the t-code losing its way ....

Somehow or other the flavor tables have become confused ... can anyone suggest a way of unpicking this?

Thanks.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

The system keeps information about each version while you are developing the flavor.  In the Performance and Optimization Guide, SAP recommends that (once you are ready to deploy the flavor) to make a copy of the flavor to get rid of the history.  This will improve performance and hopefully fix your issue as well.

Thanks,

Todd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Todd,

I had actually done that not long before I did the transport although I did make a few changes afterwards. The curious thing is when it's transported this particular issue does get resolved on the target system, not the source system.

I have raised it with OSS as it just feels as if the system is a little shaky - I'm not clear how these tables can be corrupted in this way.

I'll supplement this post if anything interesting results from the OSS ticket.

Regards.

Patrick.