cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error AMOC004 Asset values for asset are not completely posted during AR31 mass change substitution

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using AR31 worklist substitution to mass change assets. It works in general but I get error AMOC004 Asset values for asset are not completely posted for some of the assets. Those assets are created by ABT1N Inter Company transfer and their master record is not complete (cost center is empty), but the values are completely posted. Actually my goal is using the substitution to mass update their cost centers from 'blank' to the value I specify in the substitution. I even suppressed the message in tcodes OBMSG and OBA5 and still getting this error.

Is there anything else that could be done or in general is not possible to mass change required fields, which for some reason are not completed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor

Dear customer,

As per the long text of the error AMOC004 message:

"...
Procedure
Check which depreciation areas post periodically to the general ledger
according to their Customizing definition (indicator: "Post assets
periodically in General Ledger").
Start the posting program for these depreciation areas (choose Periodic
processing).
..."

This means that you have to run ASKB. Eventhough when executing ASKB the system says 'no documents to be posted since the last run' you have to execute the process in
real time, so the system can detect that execution was really done
and then change will be allowed.

Best regards Bernhard

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much - that worked

I also run ASKB as per the message, but when I saw in test run there was nothing to be processed, didn't execute in real mode.

So this is real strange. You always have to run ASKB after you make inter comapny asset transfer even if values are the same in all depreciation areas, is that so?

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You always have to run  ASKB regulary / periodically and if the system remind you do to to it (for example fiscal year closing), but not necessarily after every transfer.

If ASKB is relevant for a area or not  depends on Meaning the of field "Posting in G/L" in transaction OADB.

(Note: 1572318 - Meaning of field "Posting in G/L" in transaction OADB)

Best regards Bernhard

Answers (0)