Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The auth values are there in the role but it is not showing in SE16 and SUIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are facing an abnormal issue. We are making some changes in the parent role and generate the profile through the parent role, so that all the changes have been impacted the child roles. It is working fine in Quality and Pre Production but when it comes into Production it is now working. What we can see is, the values are there but it is not showing in SUIM and SE16. But when we regenerate the role again in Production it is working fine and we are able to see the values in SUIM and SE16. What might be the issue ?

Thanks in advance !

warm regards

Selvin J Dhina

7 REPLIES 7

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure about SE16. Which table are you talking about?

SUIM, in a lot of cases, actually works with profiles, not roles. That is, it will read data from profiles that are generated based on roles. So it will give you the results based on the old profile until you generate an up-to-date version from updated role.

It could be that it works in quality and pre-production environments because those systems allow profiles to be imported along with roles. I believe that this is controller by key "PROFILE_TRANSPORT" in table PRGN_CUST. If the value of this key is "NO", then profiles will not be imported. Try checking "Authorizations" tab in PFCG after you import roles into production. If this is the case, then it will be yellow and profile has status text will be "Current Version Not Generated" or something to that effect.

HTH

0 Kudos

I have checked in table agr_1252

As I said the values are there in production also if we check in Auth tab and the profile too in generated mode only. But it is not working and surprising thing is that if I regenerate again it is working fine..

0 Kudos

Are the entries in your USORG tables the same across environments?

did you transport generated profile?

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Selvin,

Just the recap of scenario as I understood it - You change a Parent role in Dev & generate the child roles from Parent role, then the transport goes to QA, Pre-Production & Production without any errors i.e. the generated profile gets transported OK, but AGR_1252 values are getting updated only in QA & Pre-PRD only & not in PRD. In PRD, the values get updated once you generate the already generated profile again.

Have you done any customization in your PRD system that may have affected AGR_1252?

Regards,
Shivraj Singh

0 Kudos

Exactly ! I am not sure. Maybe the implementation team might have done. I am in the support phase.. Can you please let me know what kind of customization in 1252 allows this kind of behavior..

Thanks !

regards

Selvin J Dhina

0 Kudos

Some possibilities:

> Check if table PRGN_CUST has any entry for parameter PROFILE_TRANSPORT. What is the value maintained for it? Eithere there shouldn't be any entry or the value shouldn't be NO.

> What all roles are you including in your transport request? Only derived roles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvin,

This issue seems to be related to transport Administration. Is the basis team importing the changes into production manually or via a Job.

If Manually, are they importing using Overwrite Originals option during the import. Please check. I assume there could be automatic imports configured for QA & Pre-Prod post testing.

Please check the transport logs if they are ending up in warnings.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ravi Kanth.