cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS v 4.0.2 DR Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Hoping to get help in understanding how to design DR for BODS 4.0.2.

We already have BODS 4.0.2 (web and app tier on separate windows servers) and database is SQL Server 2008. I was never involved in BODS installation and have no experience prior to this. So appreciate if you can share documents on

Step by step documents to do BODS install.

How BODS DR should be designed and implemented - replication of SQL database is enough or we need to enable sync/replication of Web/App Tier also.

Thanks

Davinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want full DR, you need to replicate all your components to operational to DR site.

Note that DS does not fully support automatic take-over. When your primary site goes down in the middle of operations, you'll have to manually restart all interrupted jobs and make sure that you've got one or the other recovery mechanism implemented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, can you please share more details on replication part..

SQL Server database replication i am aware of.

How about Web and App tier replication - is it just replication of OS level directory/files or something more?

Please show some light on recovery mechanisms.

Also do you have any document which explain how to build BODS DR.

Appreciate your help!

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out this article: DS Standard Recovery Mechanism for more info on the topic of recovery. Of course, you can always build your own recovery mechanisms into your DS jobs. As I always do .