cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Management Break Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have to configure shift timing from 16:00 - 00:45 with Breaks as 20:00 - 20:45 (Unpaid)

I already configured Breaks in V_T550P as 20:00 - 20:45 (Unpaid) with Previous Day Indicator checked.

My question now is,

When I am trying to configure V_T550A I provided Planned working time field as 16:00 - 00:45 and provided already defined break in V_T550P with DWS Class as '1' but the Planned working hours are getting updated as "8.75" which should only come as "8.00" as Break is Unpaid (pls correct me if I'm wrong).

If I am not checking the Previous Day Indicator box it is only 8 hrs but is this correct?

How do I correct this scenario now?

Please help me SAP Experts.

Thanks

KP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K P,

Uncheck the previous day indicator for breaks in V_T550P for 20:00 - 20:45 (Unpaid). Since the break timings belong to the same day shift, you don't need to assign previous day indicator.

Let us say that you had a 15 mins break from 00:00 - 00:15. In this case, you will be assigning previous day indicator to break to assign this break to the shift of previous date.

You may also refer to the below document on Public Holiday Calendar and WSRs.

I hope this resolves your issue. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Thanks for your comments.

I have gone through your blog, it's very helpful.

I have 1 more question.

I have to configure 1 more shift that's from 00:30 - 08:00 which has break from 04:00 - 04:30. Do I need to check 'P' for this shift?

Please can you explain me the significance of 'P'.

Thanks

K P

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K P,

In this case, you don't need to check previous day indicator because your shift timings belong to one calendar date only.

Previous Day Indicator is used to indicate whether the break timings belong to previous day shift or not.

Let us say that your shift timings are from 22:00 01-Oct-14 till 06:00 02-Oct-14. In this case, this shift belongs to 01-Oct-14 and the shift date is 01-Oct-14.

If there is a break from 23:00 01-Oct-14 till 23:45 01-Oct-14, then this break belongs to the current date shift - 01-Oct-14 and hence, you won't require P to be checked.

If there is another break from 04:00 02-Oct-14 till 04:30 02-Oct-14, this break still belongs to the shift date of 01-Oct-14. Hence, we need to check P.

I hope this explanation clarifies your doubt and resolves your query.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the issue is resolved, then please close the thread by marking the correct answer.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek

Answers (0)