cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 dual stack: Do we need restart of SSL service and ICM after importing keys in NWA keystore ?

former_member203641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently imported the keys in keystore of NWA PI 7.3 dual stack which is accessed by java mapping. When i execute the java mapping, it is giving below error.

"java.security.KeyStoreException: No key found with alias"

Though i am able to see the key in NWA keystore. Can anybody help on this ?

Also on looking on some scn help, it is suggested that after importing keys restart of ssl service and ICM is required. I am not changing the PI server SSL keys but the i am importing the new key which is used for signing the message. Please suggest if still i need to restart SSL service and ICM ?

Appreciate Quick help !

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As per my experience, if we add certificates using strust in ABAP stack, no restart required. Even in single stack I have added certificates in NWA and never restarted the server.

Thanks

Anand

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you install the certificates in the java stuck you don't need any restart , in the ABAP stack sometimes is necessary.

Regards.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had different experience than Iñaki when importing root / issuing certificates to TrustedCAs view in PI 7.4 AEX (single stack). We ended in restarting the whole server (probably overkill) to have the certification chain recognized as complete by SAP PI.

--> So your mileage may vary when using Java mapping but could be very well that a (partial) restart would be necessary. Maybe someone can shed some light on what's to be restarted.

Cheers

Jens

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

You are right i've been talking about this issue with my basis team colleagues and they told me that SAP recommends always restart the ICM instance.

Regards.