Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Logs available in SAP for job defined in CPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing two issues:

1. If i define a job in CPS and it fails during execution, the stdlog shows below error:

com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.ParameterDoesNotExistException: Mandatory parameter not set: JOBNAME

com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.ParameterDoesNotExistException: Mandatory parameter not set: JOBNAME

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.JobParameterHelper.getJobParameterUppercase(JobParameterHelper.java:219)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractXbpJobRunCommand.execute(AbstractXbpJobRunCommand.java:141)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractXbpCommand.doExecute(AbstractXbpCommand.java:84)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.operation.RunJobOperation.doWork(RunJobOperation.java:136)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.SapJobWork.doWork(SapJobWork.java:38)

at com.redwood.scheduler.infrastructure.workqueue.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:763)

What correction is needed during defining and submitting the job?

2. If the job is defined in CPS and it fails during execution, i cannot see any logs in ECC system in SM37.

But for successful execution i can see finished status jobs and logs as well.

What settings do i need to make to show the errors in SAP system as wee?

Thanks,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Babu,

For scheduling an SAP job the following parameters are mandatory :

1. Sap System

2. Client

3. JobName - this the name you will see in sm37

4. program

5. variant

other parameters are optional.

In your case, you didn't provide the Job name parameter. Remember that i can be only 32 characters long. Provide a Job name and submit it.

The reason you didn't see the log for it in SAP is because the job didn't even trigger in SAP since there is no job name.

Thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nanda,

1.The jobname was passed, if we donot give the job name while scheduling it will not let us save.

I can see the defination also carrying the name. The issue is only after submitting          .

2. It is another case where the variant of the program is missing. It does not give a log in sap for that too. Please let me know if anything is missed to generate the log in SAP.

How can we get the job log where the job is defined through CPS and the same does not exist in SAP system?

Regards,

Babu

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

If JOBNAME was set, how come you get an error saying it was not set ? Did you specify leading or trailing spaces in the JOBNAME parameter? What value did you give it ?

You can definitely duplicate SAP_AbapRun and remove JOBNAME parameter and submit it, that is how you get the above error.

Also, Variant is not mandatory, so you should be able to submit a job without variant ... in which case it will use the SAP defaults - if the defaults cause the job to not generate a log, then there is no way CPS can change that without you specifying a variant that generates output.

>How can we get the job log where the job is defined through CPS and the same does not exist in SAP system?

This makes no sense, if there is no log in SAP, how do you want CPS to come up with one ?

You have job parameters:

SHOWLOG - Retrieve Job Log? - String, Default Expression: Y

SHOWSPOOL - Retrieve Spool Lists? - String, Default Expression: Y

SHOWAPPLOG - Retrieve Application Logs? - String, Default Expression: N

Regards,

HP