cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message not coming in seeburger with transaction code filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario, where in we have to send EDI852 from SAP to 3rd party. This scenario is working perfectly okey and the 3rd party is also able to receive the EDI_852. We are able to see the communication channels (sender and receiver) are having success logs. Where as when we go to Seeburger Message Tracker, and try to search on transaction code 852, it dosen't show us any result (though it is success in PI).

When we try to search as '*' we can see those messages, but the transaction code and the other fields are blank. see below the screen shot (red marks are blank).

We are able to see other messages in seeburger. Are we missing any configuration in seeburger. Pl suggest.

Regards,

Krishna Chauhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

check the receiver channel config.. and are you using com.seeburger.MTFunctions in the mapping?

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hidayat,

I am not using this in my receiver channel config. This same config is running for one of our other interface and we can see the messages at seeburger.

Below are the config.

Regards,

Krishna Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried adding few module parameters.

WriteMTRecord,  WriteMTDetailRecord values as 'true'.

but still no progress on this issue. Any inputs will be really helpful.

Regards,

Krishna Chauhan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Can you try adding the additional parameter archiveXI = true for the BIC module? This would activate metadata enrichment during BIC mapping execution. Do note also that not all fields are enriched during BIC mapping. For those fields that are not populated, you will need to further enrich them via a UDF during message mapping.

Do refer to my replies in the following thread.

I would suggest that you add the parameter first to see if those enriched fields would suffice for your scenario.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for the valuble input. I wrote the UDFs and added the suggested parameter.

I Can see some fields are being populated now. Need to explore more how to populate all the fields.

Regards,

Krishna Chauhan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Glad to hear there is progress. Since there are existing scenarios in your system that has those fields populated, I would suggest that you review one such scenario, checking both the module chain & parameters, as well as the message mapping UDFs. Hopefully there is something there that is reusable and you might not need to reinvent the wheel.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Here are few updates I want to share with you. You may guide me on this.

Now after adding archiveXI = true I can see the below fields being populated, but now 852 is coming under 'Reference' automatically. It should come under Transaction Code.

Our 850 scenario is working ok, so I followed that but in 850 the UDFs are placed under 'BEG' segment (mapped with variable) where as in 852 there is no 'BEG' segment.

Is there a specific segment which actually triggers these UDFs. How these UDF triggers?

Are UDF the only solution to populate the fields in message tracker?

Please suggest on this.

Regards,

Krishna Chauhan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

The fields in Seeburger Message Tracker comprises of standard fields and freely customized fields. The reference field is a standard fields and therefore can be automatically populated by the BIC mapping when archiveXI = true (see table below.) The customized fields are dependent on the particular setting in your system, these are a number of FreeX fields (X being an integer).

From the looks of if, I think the Transaction Code field in your system is using one of the FreeX fields. You will need to identify which field that is and populate it via UDF (yes, AFAIK that is the only way for customized fields.)

It does not matter which field or segment triggers the UDF. Normally it should be only triggered once, so I would use the UDF in a target node that occurs only once, or to a variable directly under the root node.

The main thing is to ensure that the correct field that contains the transaction code is mapped to the corresponding input of the UDF.

Let's consider the example below. Let's say for your system, Transaction Code is using Free13. In order to map it accordingly, declare an input parameter (say transCode) and update the code to

master.setFree13(transCode);

Then when using the UDF in graphical mapping, make sure the source field containing the transaction code is mapped to the correct input parameter (input transCode.)

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Really appreciate your help and inputs. Now it worked, thanks for clearing all queries.

Regards,

Krishna Chauhan

Message was edited by: Krishna Chauhan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great to hear that! Glad to have been of assistance

Answers (0)