Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Level Finite Scheduling in PP/DS

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

I'm trying to schedule orders on 2 resources & the system doesn't seem to be working as desired. Below is the detail -

1. We use CTP with Planning Procedure "3" (Cover Reqts Immediately).
  2. Finished Good made on a Resource that is TIME CONTINUOUS & Finite Scheduling turned on (Resource Master)
  3. Semi Finished for this FG is made on a Block Planned resource, where Orders are scheduled based on Bucket Capacity.
  4. What we want to achieve during the Order entry in ECC & the subsequent CTP check in APO -
    1. System should schedule Orders finitely (linear & Resource Utilization 100% or less, not more) on the FG Resource
    2. SFG Plnd Orders should still respect the Block schedule & make it into the right block/bucket.
  5. I tried with the below options & don't seem to be working -
    1. Prod Heur on the Prod Master of the FG, mode as FIND SLOT, while that on the SFG mode as SEARCH WITH BUCKET CAPACITY - With this setting, orders result in resource capacity > 100%
    2. Custom Plng Procedure on FG - set with Heuristic that has mode FIND SLOT & that on the SFG having mode as mentioned above - With this setting, orders result in resource capacity > 100%
    3. GLOBAL PARAMETER Strgy Profile - SAP_CTP: this causes the FG Resource to be scheduled correctly, but the Block resource utilization goes >100%

I'm not certain what setting would I be missing. Any clue would be great.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

check the resource setting for the block planning resource:

tab PP/DS Bucket Cap.

Finite Capacity: Bucket Capacity.

BR FRank

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Yes, we do have the setting mentioned by you. I've even tried a new strategy profile on the GLOBAL PARAMETERS where the main Sched Mode is FIND SLOT, finite capacity is TIME COUNTINUOUS & on the tab strategy for the dependent objects/operations scheduling sub-mode set as "SCHEDULE DEP OPERATIONS AS PER THE SCHEDULING MODE.

With this I was expecting the Finished Good would respect the FIND SLOT mode & schedule orders on its resource FINITELY, while putting the semi-finished orders correctly into the Blocks. This doesn't seem to be working.

What could I be missing?

Thanks

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

check this:

Transaction: SPRO

Advanced Planning and Optimization->Supply Chain Planning->Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS)->Global Settings->Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults

Schedule Orders: Strategy Profiles

Capable-to-Promise      SAP_BCTP

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I've used a copy of the SAP_BCTP on the Global parameters. Only difference, as I indicated on the previous post, was that I've used FIND SLOT as the Sched Mode on the "General Strgy Parameters" tab, while I used "SCHEDULE DEPENDENT OPERATIONS ACCORDING TO SCHED MODE" on the "Strategy Parameters for Dependent Objects" tab.

Finite Capacity is set to "AS SPECIFIED ON THE RESOURCE". To reiterate, with this setting, I'm trying to get the FG to shcedule Finitely, while the SFG should stay Block planned. Both resources must not get over-capacity situations (Utilization <= 100%).

Thanks

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I hope you might have checked this for sure. But just to confirm, please check if "Finite scheduling' is active in your resource.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I think the setting FIND SLOT will NOT work with CTP. As far as I know only bucket finite planning works with CTP and planning heuristics. It is hard coded.

Frank

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Please check your strategy profiles in the heuristic and the SAP_CTP strategy. Please check for the 'Finite scheduling ' setting. It should be set as 'As specified in the resource. This will make sure- for FG to use time continuous capacity and for SFG to use bucket - block capacity. Also set the Scheduling mode as 'Find Slot'

In the SFG resource, enter Finite Capacity as 'Bucket Capacity'.

Please try and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Finite Scheduling has been set as "as specified in the resource". Sched Mode has been set to "Find Slot".

Still no luck.

Thanks

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if there could be anyway to achieve the following -

• Finished Good uses its own strategy profile with settings - Find Slot
  • SFG uses a diff strategy profile with settings - Bucket Capacity check.
  • obviously the FG & the SFG resources are set up to reflect the settings we use on the Strgy Profiles.

I think if we are able to achieve the above (during a CTP run), things should work correctly. Note, as stated in my initial post, I tried a Prod Heur that was calling for a strgy prof with FIND SLOT @ the FG Prod Master level & one with a strgy prof that had BUCKET ORIENTED SEARCH @ the SFG level. Didn't work.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

This is for block planning:

In the strategy profile you have to choose take in consideration Block planning. At work center level the option for PPDS bucket definition have to be from block planning with finite capacity - Bucket capacity. You have to check the PDS PPDS to see if you have valuation and the block planning class exist at activity level. Hope that the block are correctly created!

For FG, did you maintain the heuristic!

Hope that can help you.

Thanks, Marius

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Yes, all things u mentioned are set up right. By themselves, the Block planned orders schedule OK. Having trouble getting the FG orders to schedule finitely. Looks like I've tried all avlbl options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

What is the setting for Action in Case of Scheduling error (in the strategy profile)? Also please check at work center level if you have external capacity or no and if you have maintained overload for work center or blocks. If you have external capacity you have to check the work center on ECC side!

Thanks, Marius

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Action in case of Scheduling error = TERMINATE immediately

@ the W/c level we do not have external capacity set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

If you run the heuristic in interactive planning (Product Planning Table or Detailed scheduling planning board) with your parameters what is the result?

Thanks, Marius