cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Idoc Segments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm fairly new to working support side of SAP (compared to Key user) so I know very little about idocs.

I am trying to find a solution for an issue, however, and would appreciate any help -

When a delivery action is performed, it triggers an idoc to an external system with information about the order. This is an existing idoc/process that has worked fine for years under the normal action matrix/scenario

However, we recently tried to process several orders under a different scenario, and the idocs were missing some key segments.

I've tried duplicating the issue in a test environment without luck -- there, the idocs are not missing the segments. Since we cannot duplicate the issue, it's become very difficult to find the cause of the failure.

I know enough to be able to see the idocs in both systems and compare them, I can see the basic type and message type on both the good and bad idocs are the same. I wanted to compare WE30 for the basic type in both live and test, but was unable to due to access restrictions. I also tried viewing the technical info for the segments, to see what table the info is coming from, but it's listed as a program/structure, and i'm not sure how to view those.

Is there some place to see what tells the idoc which segments/information to pull, and/or where the segments themselves pull their information from?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nichole,

what segments were the idocs missing?

in the delivery documents (VL03N) are these information available?

process several orders under a different scenario

what is this different scenario?

try processing one order with this different scenario and also verify that all information that should populate in these "missing segments" is available in the SAP document. what is the test result?

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check whether both the process codes are same in Dev and Test system. Also check whether any development has been done to suppress the standard Segment.

Regards

Suneet