cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool does not prompt for login on startup. Errors when trying to retrieve a published universe

0 Kudos

This look like a client issue.  I can log in with no problem on my machine.  When I try using a co-workers system the Tool doesn't prompt for login when it is loading the workbench.  When we try to retrieve a published universe we get the following:

Error:

Failed to log on host , com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Unable to connect to service  from server  via CMS (FWM 01006)

cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$ServiceConnection: Unable to connect to service  from server  via CMS  (FWM 01006)

detail:Unable to connect to service  from server  via CMS (FWM 01006)

We are using Enterprise authentication.

We removed and re-installed 14.0.6

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Apparently this is resolved by removing the "@" from the system address.  On my system running 14.0.5 the "@" works.  On 14.0.4 and 14.0.6 it does not.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Hosts file on the problematic machine. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc folder

Add IP address and Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the CMS server

0 Kudos

Thank you Jawahar.  I verified that all the files in this directory match on both systems.  Issue is still open.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this.

1. Navigate to  the path C:\Users\your username\.businessobjects\bimodeler_14\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\ on your client machine.

2. Delete the files present in .root folder.

3. Launch IDT again.

0 Kudos

Already tried that.  Deleted C:/Users/<user_name>/.businessobjects/bimodeler_14 and relaunched IDT.  Didn't work