cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create capacity overload with just one production order ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

In a production order, we have one operation that takes 1600 hrs = 66.66 days @ 24 hrs a day.   But we want to finish this operation in one month (i.e. in 720 hrs) by getting additional capacity.  So what should I do to schedule that operation to start/end in 30 days, and then see how much overload that creates in Txn: CM05.  Then, seeing the % overload, we can decide how much additional capacity we have to arrange.

i.e. my requirement is to be able to manually put start and end dates for an operation, and see how much overload it creates on the workcenter.  Only one material / production order runs on that workcenter.

Thanks,

- Chetan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam, Deep, Ravi,

Thanks for your prompt responses.  May be there was some confusion - so lets resolve one issue at a time.  First: Can we manually put end date for an operation ?  If yes, then can I put a date earlier than date scheduled by system ?  If yes, then will it show an overload on the workcenter ?  If yes, then in which transaction can we see the overload ?

Thanks for your help,

- Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot put end date for an operation, dates will get calculate from the Header based on the operation timings mentioned in the routing.

so you cannot manually enter the operation dates during production order creation.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member200568
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked CRC2/CR02 , capacity header tab,

Just check by increasing % overload.

Regards,

Deep D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. you can the inter operation times like Std. queue time, Min. queue time etc in work Center or Maximum wait time,Std. queue time,Std. move time in the routing these increase the operation timings.

2. In the work center check the capacity utalisation percentage(actual) and check the overlad percentage.

3. Check the work center capacity (actual capacity).

4. Create dummy work center and assign to routing to complete in time frame.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Suggestion is to Create 2 Dummy workcenter (referne to main workcenter) and assign it into the Second/third Operation and sequence it as Parallel sequence in Routing. By doing this you will be able to complete the Production Order within a month.

Regards,

Shyam