Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a script to write data to multiple accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the basic requirement:

we have a number of groups of accounts. For each group we need to check the total value and if the total value is negative, we need to adjust the accounts in that group and post their values to other accounts.

Let me build an example:

accountaccount.netaccgroupamountadjustment to be made
acc1acc7GRP01-100
acc2acc8GRP0150
acc3acc9GRP0175
acc4acc10GRP0225-25
acc5acc11GRP02-5050
acc6acc12GRP02-5050
acc7
acc8
acc9
acc10-25
acc1150
acc1250
WK_0125 (generated by BR)
WK_02-75 (generated by BR)

acc1, acc2 and acc3 are the first group and acc4,acc5,acc6 are the second group. At the moment I do not have hierarchy nodes for the group totals but I could add those in an additional hierarchy.

As the total for the accounts in GRP01 is positive (25) no adjustments need to be made on these accounts.

As the total for the accounts in GRP02 is negative (-75) the adjustments shown above need to be made on a separate datasource. The adjustment on each source account needs to be offset by an adjutsment on the account given in the netacc property for the source account.

My current attempt at a solution:

I use the account based calculation business rule to work out the total for each group and store it on an account but only on I_NONE so I only have one value.

I then tried this script

*SELECT(%WK_01%,[ID],"ACCOUNT","[DIMLIST_WK] = 'WK_01'")

*WHEN ACCOUNT *IS WK_01

*FOR %A% = %WK_01%

*WHEN ACCTDETAIL

*IS F_CHKSUM

*REC(EXPRESSION = ([ACCOUNT].[WK_01],[ACCTDETAIL].[F_CHKSUM]),ACCOUNT = %A%,ACCTDETAIL=F_CHKSUM,DATASRC=INPUT_WK)

*ENDWHEN

*NEXT

*ENDWHEN

However, that does not give me the result I am looking for, in fact, it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My latest attempt:

*SELECT(%WK_01%,[ID],"ACCOUNT","[DIMLIST_WK]='WK_01'")

*SELECT(%NETACC2",[NETACC2],"ACCOUNT","[DIMLIST_WK]='WK_01'")

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCOUNT=WK_01

*XDIM_ADDMEMBERSET ACCOUNT=%NETACC2%

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCTDETAIL=F_CHKSUM

*XDIM_MEMBERSET DATASRC=INPUT

*XDIM_MEMBERSET MEASURES=YTD

*FOR %A%=%WK_01%

*FOR%B%=%NETACC2%

*WHEN ACCOUNT

*IS WK_01

*REC(EXPRESSION=%VALUE%<0 ? ([ACCOUNT].[%A%],[ACCTDETAIL].[F_CLO])*-1:0,ACCOUNT=%A%,DATASRC=INPUT_WK,ACCTDETAIL=F_CLO)

*REC(EXPRESSION=%VALUE%<0 ? ([ACCOUNT].[%A%],[ACCTDETAIL].[F_CLO]):0,ACCOUNT=%B%,DATASRC=INPUT_WK,ACCTDETAIL_F_CLO)

*ENDWHEN

*NEXT

*NEXT

My problem now is that I have several source accounts but BPC only writes the value of the final of those onto all target accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I then tried

*SELECT(%WK_01%,[ID],"ACCOUNT","[DIMLIST_WK]= 'WK_01'")

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCOUNT=WK_01

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCTDETAIL=F_CHKSUM

*XDIM_MEMBERSET DATASRC=INPUT

*FOR %A%=%WK_01%

*WHEN ACCOUNT

*IS WK_01

*REC(EXPRESSION=%VALUE%<0 ? ([ACCOUNT].[%A%],[ACCTDETAIL].[F_CLO])*-1:0,ACCOUNT=$A$,DATASRC=INPUT_WK)

*REC(EXPRESSION=%VALUE%<0 ? ([ACCOUNT].[%A%],[ACCTDETAIL].[F_CLO]):0,ACCOUNT=[ACCOUNT].[%A%].NETACC,DATASRC=INPUT_WK)

*ENDWHEN

*NEXT

But that generates an error, saying [ACCOUNT].[%A%].NETACC does not exist. The actual message replaces the %A% with the account code and comes when I try to run the script.

Thanks,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe one thing to add, the example talks about two groups, in reality we will have around 50 or so. And each group can have more than 3 accounts.

Thanks,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can manage what I need to achive by hardcoding accounts:

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCOUNT=WK_02

*WHEN ACCOUNT

*IS *

*REC(EXPRESSION=%VALUE%<0 ? [ACCOUNT].[ACC4]*-1:0,ACCOUNT=ACC4,DATASRC=INPUT_WK)
*REC(EXPRESSION=%VALUE%<0 ? [ACCOUNT].[ACC4]:0,ACCOUNT=ACC10,DATASRC=INPUT_WK)

*ENDWHEN

The ... would repeat the two *REC but use ACC5/ACC11  and ACC6/ACC12 instead. However that way is not very easy to write and maintain, so I am looking for a way to make it dynamic.

Thanks,

Arnold