Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Org Structure and Delta Changes

Private_Member_78463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Underway in my first implementation of full functionality in OM, PA, and more of HCM. I have 2 major, broad questions:

Assumptions:

• From Blueprint/Design, in an Excel file, I have structured with the client the org structure/reporting hierarchy for workflow, approvals, MSS access, etc.
  • I have built all the files for objects, relationships, attributes necessary for the load.
  • The integration switches are confirmed to be on for necessary OM-PA integration.
  • The strategy is to default values from Org Unit/Position (EEG, Personnel Area, Cost Centers, etc.)

1) What is the most effective strategy to load the org structure? If I load these objects and relationships in HRP1000's for OM, will IT0001 automatically be populated, or do I need to run RHINTE** program?

2) What is best practice from your experience for updating the org structure with delta changes (e.g. vacancies, new positions, employee transfers, etc.)? I've heard a few options: update changes in Excel/re-load the entire org structure in Dev client with LSMW, run a LSMW for changes, use BDC, what is the an effective strategy for this?

I attached a sample file of what I'm working with for the org structure. I will award points for any and all helpful, insightful answers. It is a pressing issue for me and will take a load (no pun intended) off my back, so thank you in advance!

-Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

1. 1st LSMW for updating objects like O S C

2nd LSMW for relationships of objects.

2. Run report RHINTE00 for updating OM -PA and activte switch PLOGI ORGA

3. for new positions u can directly create in org. Structure or if it is more positions go for lsmw. For vacancies if the switch is activated when the employee was exit action is maintaining system will ask for the position want to create vacancy from the exit date to 31.12.9999 and click yes then vacncy infotype will create for the position.

Best Regards,

praneeth kumar

Private_Member_78463
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Praneeth. One clarification:

2. Does this task always need to be executed for loading the org structure/IT0001? If PLOGI ORGA switch=X, shouldn't this occur automatically?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

monirani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Whenever we run LSMW or BDC to upload OM objects the integration switch between OM and PA doesn't work. If you are creating the OM objects manually the switch works.

If you have used LSMW or BDC for uploading run RHINTE reports to populate the data in PA tables.

Regards

Moni

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far i understand When you have not maintain the integration switch in that case you have to execute RHINTE programs for consistency between OM tables and PA tables if it is maintained with "X" by default system will take care of it it will update all the tables which are related PA i.e you can use those objects while you are maintaining at PA level.

Let say if you are creating a position at OM level and integration switch is not maintained you have to run RHINTE to bring same position to PA tables then only you can utilize and maintain position at person level in case the integration switch is maintained then no need to run specific RHINTE to update the PA tables since by default system updates objects at PA table level similarly while hiring or performing an action you can utilize the same at PA level.

Regards

Venkatesh

Private_Member_78463
Participant
0 Kudos

Venkatesh,

Before I loaded org structure in OM, i made sure the integration switches were maintained (they were by default in standard SAP). In light of this, I couldn't figure out the root cause of why PA side was note automatically maintained. I can run the RHINTE report to update PA objects, but I still am wondering for future reference why it didn't do this in the first place upon initial load.

Any ideas?