cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BOBJ - Jobs which were scheduled to execute everyday in BODS scheduler were not triggered sometimes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BOBJ experts,

I am new to BOBJ, so need your help on below issue:

Under SAP DATA SERVICES, developer team had designed few jobs that runs daily

We had some intermittent issues wit the scheudle.. Few jobs wont run as per scheudled time.

Once they try to re-run it, they run without issues - So, no issues with the job nor the job schedule.

Again at the same time, few other jobs run as per schedule and as i said the issue is intermittent and random

Below are the version details:

<Hostname> $ pwd
/usr/sap/<SID>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/version
<Hostname> $ more version.txt
4.1 Support Pack 1

<Hostname> $ pwd
/usr/sap/<SID>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64
<Hostname> $ strings boe_cmsd | grep -i bobjversion
@(#)BOBJVERSION: 14.1.2.1121 boe_cmsd release 13/10/30 linux_x64 vcvmlnx215

Please help me out what should i check and wjhich logs should i refer on this issue

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Please post your queries under SAP Data Services Section. You have chosen a wrong section.

Thanks,

Ashwin

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i'll move it

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please enable job launcher trace (RWJobLaunchDebugTrace=1 in DSConfig.txt under [int] section); Collect and post job launcher trace.

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Viacheslav,

I am having a similar issue where we have had a job scheduled for a long time and it works fine.  Then one day it just stops kicking off the job.  Can you tell me what the  RWJobLaunchDebugTrace would do and where it would post the information?  We are on 4.2, sp1, patch 4.

Thanks,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the windows task manager and see the schedule? There could be lot of problems with DS job scheduler using windows task manager.

Arun

former_member213365
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If the job really isn't being kicked off then it is a scheduler problem.  I've seen this happen on Windows.  To address and find this problem I wrote a blog post that explains what is going on and some code for how to find the problem.  See the blog post here: How To: Validate Data Services Scheduled Tasks are Actually Scheduled | IT Services | Mobile Technol...

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jim,

Thanks for the link.  That is exactly what I need.  I have set the job/dataflow up and will keep an eye on it.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any help, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I see below error in the job log.

I couldnt see the table name nor the sql submitted in the log (It has **** in that information space as seen below)

(14.2) 10-30-14 22:00:16 (R) (11792:1378076368) DBS-070404: |Session JOB <JOBNAME>

SQL submitted to ODBC data source <DS Name> resulted in error <lock table>. The SQL submitted is <[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664]

SQL0911N  The current transaction has been rolled back because of a deadlock or timeout.  Reason code "2". SQLSTATE=40001>.

(14.2) 10-30-14 22:00:16 (E) (11792:1378076368) DBS-070404: |Session JOB <JOBNAME>

SQL submitted to ODBC data source <DS Name> resulted in error <*****>. The SQL submitted is <*****>. This message contains some internal system details which have been hidden for security.

If you need to see the full contents of the original message, ask your administrator to assign additional privileges to your account.

I have reviewed Note - 1633827 - Repository table locks when importing ATL but we are already on a higher version.

Do you guys till feel is this the right note?

Thanks,

Subbu