cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to activate the Trex service. Message: Another index ID already exists. Message type: E. Message number: 017. Message id: XMS_MONI.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to Integrate ECC system with PI system after system refresh activity .

In PI system under Runtime Workbench --> Index Administration , i tried to activate component  " Proxy Runtime <<ECC>> "   which failed with error msg 17 "Failed to activate the Trex service. Message: Another index ID already exists"

below is full error msg

An error occurred: Class: com.sap.aii.rwb.web.trex.CentralTrexException : Message: CentralTrexException in Method: CentralTrexManager: activateIndex( String )Failed to activate Trex service. Message: Class: com.sap.aii.rwb.web.trex.CentralTrexException : Message: TrexException in Method: CentralTrexManager: activateIndex( String ). Failed to activate the Trex service. Message: Another index ID already exists 'xi_msg:<old source ECC> component '. Message type: E. Message number: 017. Message id: XMS_MONI.

when i login to ECC system  and check i could see Index ID pointing to old server logical component .

Tcode : sxms_admi_ind

Index ID                  xi_msg:<old source ECC>

can you please help check how to change this source "xi_msg:<old source ECC>" component  to target .

if i edit in that tcode this field"Index ID    " is a hashed one .

Since the Index ID is pointing to old source .under Monitoring of Message Indexing,  Runtime_indexing  is not active .

@8N\QService Stopped; Error@RUNTIME_INDEXINGR31.10.2014 13:26:0617.10.2013 01:25:5117.10.2013 02:25:512-Index ID does not exist 'xi_msg:old source ECC' ( Message ID: XMS_MONI Message Number: 019 )00.00.0000 00:00:00BASISADMIN31.10.201413:26:06

Please help me with the steps to change to value .

Thanks,

Bharathy Navin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathy,

may I ask you to create a new one OSS message for this issue.

Thanks and best regards,
Mikhail

0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

The issue got resolved.

solution . -- very simple

tcode sxms_admi_ind

you will see the Index id with source SID

Provide OK code as SAPXI and then enter

this will enable edit mode -> edit (F5) --> change status Active to inactive --> Save

now existing Index ID will get deleted and you should able to see blank.

now you reactivate and save --> this will create new Index id with correct Target SID

Regards,

Bharathy Navin

Answers (0)