Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HANA Cloud Server available

deno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have downloaded eclipse for Java EE developers(Luna and Kepler) and installed all tools from the site. Here is what my eclipse has

I have tried to add a HANA Cloud Server as described in the link - step 4 but i don't see that option:

Any advice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems that this tutorial is still not updated. Now the runtimes correspond to the name of the SDK you hava downloaded. So if you have downloaded Java Web use - Java Web runtime.

best regards,

Dimitar

deno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitar,

Do you have somewhere else an updated how-to?

Best regards,

Mladen

0 Kudos

You can checkout these links:

Documentation portal for java development:

https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?e66f3eecbb5710148397a19b46c4979b.html

Documentation on creating runtimes:

https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?7613f000711e1014839a8273b0e91070.html

best regards,

Dimitar

deno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitar,

Are you saying that now there are 3 options for runtimes (Java EE, Java Web, and Java Web Tomcat) instead of just one SAP HANA Cloud?

Best regards,

Mladen

former_member185231
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly.

In the past the name of runtime type was one and the same for runtimes with Java Web profile capabilities and for Java EE 6 Web Profile capabilities. This lead to confusions - one application can be build and run correctly on one IDE with SDK2.X, but cannot be build on another IDE where SDK 1.X was used.

We decide to avoid further confusions and to introduce different runtime types for each different runtime.

Enjoy,

Dobri

deno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dobri,

Thanks for the answer. Maybe it would be good to update the steps in the main hcp page.

Best regards,

Mladen

former_member185231
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We start the process of updating the tutorials.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Dobri

Answers (0)